Lights

Don T.

Hi.

I saw the offering for the Globe Swift ( AH Swift FSX_v1_3 ) downloaded it from the company and added it to my hangar in FSX Deluxe Edition. (FSX/SimObjects/airplanes)

All went well until I activated the light panel switch. The light blinked and went dark. The exterior nav and strobe lights have

colored boxes around them. I then moved the Swift files from FSX to a temp folder hoping to resolve the issue but found the exterior light problem remained with all the my other planes in the sim.

Can anyone help me fix this problem. If so I would be most thankful.

Cheers. Don

Downloading the Swift from Aeroplane Heaven now! Will try it out and report back!

Lights and everything look fine! I'm running FSX Standard edition with SP1 and 2.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]216794[/ATTACH]

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Might be useful to rename this post? Maybe Globe Swift light problem? Have installed but not used yet i shall await the outcome

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit

//

// **** with the apointhelper there is no need for lights but if you dont want to use the attachpoints then these need to be renamed without the x on the end.***

//

light.0=3, 1.3, -13.8, 4.35, fx_navredx

light.1=3, 1.3, 13.8, 4.35, fx_navgrex

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi.

Thanks for your prompt reply. The screen shot is fine. Am trying to fix the light issue in the sim itself.

When I prepare the default 172 for a flight and turn on the nav and strobe lights,the exterior view

shows the lights blinking but they are surrounded by square boxes also blinking. Don't know why this occurs.

Again many thanks for your expertise.

Cheers. Don

I have that situation only rarely with the lights showing as a square box. Mostly due to a slow 2Ghz CPU. Most AI lights, at dusk, show as a gray square until the CPU catches up.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️