reinstalling FSX error

rsteffan

When trying to reinstall FSX I found a read error on Disc 2, it won't run (disc 1 runs fine.) I copied all of the files from the original disc 2 to a new DVD disc but it will not run either. I figure there is an order in which the files are presented to the installer. How can I find out what order the files are on the disc 2 so the installer will read the new disc 2; or am I dreaming.

May be time to buy FSX-SE!

Yeah, what he ^ said!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Clean the disc. Put a little toothpaste on a rag and wipe across the disc and up and down. Never wipe in a circle. I've recovered many "bad" discs this this way. No guarantees but it's worth a try..........Doug Edited by W2DR
kant spel
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Clean the disc. Put a little toothpaste on a rag and wipe across the disc and up and down. Never wipe in a circle. I've recovered many "bad" discs this this way. No guarantees but it's worth a try..........Doug

A little Listerine for the rinse, Doug? :D I have also used Brasso with good results!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Clean the disc. Put a little toothpaste on a rag and wipe across the disc and up and down. Never wipe in a circle. I've recovered many "bad" discs this this way. No guarantees but it's worth a try..........Doug

Mmmmm, minty fresh!

This sometimes works, but mix Toothpaste with water (don't use straight out of the tube) its too gooey and abrasive if not thinned out.

Make sure you rinse thoroughly, then make a appointment for 3 monthly checkups, cleaning and fluoride treatment.

Edited by jethrom