Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have a cunning plan...

Quote Originally Posted by microdude View Post
    Oldynewby Edit your icon properties set the DPI compatibility for software, and check the override. in properties set to run as administrator. run fsx do not run in full screen.

let know if this work.
    I'm sorry, I think you're confusing me with someone who knows what they're doing! I know nothing of DPI compatibility and override, I'm just a mere mortal doing his best.

2. Default

I’ve been running FSX Deluxe edition just fine on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop that I got back in 2018 which is a pretty basic PC when it comes to gaming computer standards. Waiting on a copy of FXS acceleration expansion pack(fingers crossed that works) I don't know why others are having such issues with trying to install & run FSX on a basic Windows 10 build. Keep trying, I’m sure it will eventually work. So far I can confirm FSX does install & work on Windows XP, 7 & 10 without much issues. Didn't even bother trying 8 or 8.1 as those OSs had the most issues especially with PC CD ROM games like FSX.

Well, it's a partial success. I haven't upgraded to x64 yet but I've installed the SSD with FS9 and FSX+Acceleration on it and everything is running better than before, including FSIUPC and SPAD, neither of which have been successful in the past.

Frame rate is good and loading speed is very quick so I'm a very happy bunny for now. I'll still upgrade to X64 in the future as I still want to increase my RAM but that can wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2