Go to Airport list?

pomak249

Merry xmas all.

Just wondered if there was anyway to edit the 'go to - airport' list in the freeflight UI to highlight addon airports (ie, add a prefix, change the text colour or text size?). I have LOTS of addons worldwide and apart from consulting a long list it would be nice to know which airports i have upgraded within the game UI.

Probably impossible but just a thought?

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

That's realy not possible without some major code hacking. I'm sure technically it could be done with a C++ application interface and a dll injection or something to update the interface as you add new airports.

There's really only four ways that I know that you can do this:

1) Download and install Scenery Config Editor and in the running list you can see what all you have activated. https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/

2) Look in your addon directory in the FSX folder for what you have installed.

3) Use Everything and do a search for an ICAO and that may show the airport in your addons folder. https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

4) Use Little Navmap and go to the airport in the map, double click on the airport. Then on the left hand side under the Airport tab you scroll down and you'll see the scenery path to where that airport comes from. If it comes from the addon scenery folder you'll know that airport is updated.

Between all four I recommend the Scenery Config Editor and Little Navmap options. Though, Everything.exe is a very nice and fast way to find files, even dlls, etc.

Merry xmas all.

Just wondered if there was anyway to edit the 'go to - airport' list in the freeflight UI to highlight addon airports (ie, add a prefix, change the text colour or text size?). I have LOTS of addons worldwide and apart from consulting a long list it would be nice to know which airports i have upgraded within the game UI.

Probably impossible but just a thought?

Cheers

Mick

Little Nav Map can help with this....

Like it was said: it would take code hacking. Not possible. But with a little typing you can GROUP the airports to where they (essentially) would be 'highlighted'. Re-Name your ADD ON airports (ONLY) using N_, S_, E_, W_ and to further group you could use 'N_xxx, NE_xxx, E_xxx, SE_xxx, S_xxx, SW_xxx, W_xxx, NW_xxx', where 'xxx' is name of airport. For the USA those directions would be from some central airport (Dallas?). For Europe you can pick some 'centrally located' airport.

So this 'system' would apply ONLY for/to your ADD ON airports! HA! IE: there are no default airports named 'N_xxx', etc. Then when you go to load the airport, and start typing ('N' for example) all the 'N_xxx, NE_xxx' airports would be grouped and you would then just scroll to pick the one you want. Just an idea. Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

Edited by napamule2
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks guys i could use scenery config editor i guess and add a 'updated airport' heading but this is only visible prior to loading the sim i believe? I will have a look at little navmap but again i believe its only used prior to loading the sim - it would be nice to change airports when in the sim and know which ones are addons but as MS will never open the file architecture that looks to be impossible as you say. Oh well worth a thought :-(

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Thanks guys i could use scenery config editor i guess and add a 'updated airport' heading but this is only visible prior to loading the sim i believe? I will have a look at little navmap but again i believe its only used prior to loading the sim - it would be nice to change airports when in the sim and know which ones are addons but as MS will never open the file architecture that looks to be impossible as you say. Oh well worth a thought :-(

MS will open any folder, providing the file architecture natches its format. Simply add whatever folder you wish - suggest `Addon Airport` or some such to suit your requirements.

Sorry mallcott i meant the game architecture as maddox did for IL2 and transformed the sim.