Eshott Airfield Scenery.

ColR1948

I recently found out my dad was stationed there in WW2, after a search I found one for FS2004.

I installed it but when I selected it the sim crashed, so I looked at it in AFCAD, it had 2 wrongly named start locations, I corrected those and still it crashed.

The file had 2 other airfields with it, if I selected either of those they worked, so thinking because they were in the same folder I took them out and still the sim crashed.

I tried installing it 3 times remembering to delete it properly from the sim first so it wasn't that.

There is one for FSX, I tried that on the off chance but that took me in the middle of the sea lol.

Anyone else got RAF Eshott and got it working or got a copy from somewhere else aside from the library here?

Col.

Col, Eshott is part of the (now) freeware UK2000 Scenery Part 8 for FS2004 - all of UK2000's FS2004 scenery Parts 1-8 are freeware, fill yer boots mate: http://www.uk2000scenery.com/newsite/My_Homepage_Files/Page20.html

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Geez Tim, I found a UK2000 page but for some reason I misread it and thought it was payware, I think I got some stuff off there a while back but forgot, cheers mate I'm downloading as I type.

OK got it all, I'm out in the morning but will have a play with it tomorrow afternoon, I also found a letter my dad wrote where he was sent to Ludham in Norfolk but he was only there for 2 weeks on some training thing, anyway I noticed Ludham was included.

Like I said above he was mainly at Eshott in Northumberland from what I could make out, I fancy a trip there next year in the summer to have a look, it's other name is Bockenfield Aerodrome.

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Typical! I installed part 8 of UK2000 scenery that contains Eshott, when I select it the sim crashes.

If I select any of the other UK2000 scenery the sim loads it no problem but not Eshott the one I want most.

So I'm suspecting it must be conflicting with some other scenery that is already installed.

Col.

I found the culprit unfortunately it is one I wanted to keep. I installed a while ago from UKmil a fictional military airfield in northumberland and it has good scenery with plenty of parking, I temporarily removed it and Eshott loaded no problem.

This is annoying because I have AI flights working in the UKmil scenery, so do I keep the UKmil and forgo the Eshott, plus Eshott only has around 8-10 parking spots.

I decided to keep UKmil, so uninstalled the UK2000 scenery now the UKmil crashes the sim, what a pain this is.

Thinking back I had a problem last time I installed Uk2000 scenery so it looks like I'm having to re-install the UKmil scenery again even though I have it in the sim. Geez!

Col.

Edited by ColR1948

Hi Col,

Eshott is on my 'To Do' list for creating WWII airfields from stock or FSX downloads. I will probably take the time over Christmas to get it done and will send you a copy once it is finished.

Best regards,

Dave.

My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

Hi Dave, thank you very much, not being ungrateful but I'm running FS2004 in retro mode at the moment and that is where I want to put it.

You say you are doing it from Stock FSX so does that mean you are converting it to FS2004, if so then that is great?

Col.

My mistake Col, I thought there was a GA airfield in FSX, apparently not - but no bother, the airfield shows up well on Google Earth so I will build it from scratch using ADE. It should work in FS2004 ...
My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

No, Col, forget my previous, I have already done it!! (I thought the name sounded familiar). I just fired off some screen shots ...

fsscr075A.jpgfsscr076A.jpgfsscr077A.jpg

Col, I think I still have your e-mail address so I will send you a copy of my file shortly.

• 1 year later...