FS9 on IMac

bohi

Hi Bo.

I'm very new to the forum, but did some research on this before deciding to run FS2004 on a dedicated PC with Windows 7.

Apple's Boot Camp allows you to install Windows alongside macOS on your Mac. Only one operating system can be running at a time, so you'll have to restart your Mac to switch between macOS and Windows. If you've ever dual-booted Linux on your Windows PC, it's just like that.

However, having to re-boot each time to change OS is a bit of a drag!

You could install Parallels or similar on your iMac - that allows you to run Windows in a separate window on your iMac, and you can simply click from one OS to the other. But this combination does use quite a lot of system resources, so might give FS problems. Also, I think Parallels only runs Windows 10 (not sure on this) and I'm pretty sure FS2004 struggles to run in Windows 10.

Also, I think Parallels only runs Windows 10 (not sure on this) and I'm pretty sure FS2004 struggles to run in Windows 10.

Parallels and VMware's Fusion both support Windows versions going back to Windows 2000, if not further. Running old versions is one of the key reasons to run a VM.

As for FS2004 on Windows 10, it does run well, though may need a couple extra steps compared to previous Windows systems. There's plenty of information in the forum here for those that need it.