Not able to get FS2004 737 tds panel to work

navinr79

Does your aircraft.cfg file represent the same name for the panel as what the aircraft folder shows?

ie,,, panel=wide on the aircraft folder and should show the same on the aircraft.cfg file.

if it shows panel=wide on the aircraft folder and just panel= on the aircraft.cfg file, the aircraft will not appear. They have to reflect the same! It's simple fix to something we all overlook from time to time!

Just a thought?

Rick :cool:

okay, you can list 2 panels on the aircraft folder but each should be different. Same with aircraft.cfg file

ie:

Aircraft folder could look like this

panel

panel.xxx

aircraft.cfg file would look like this

//panel=

panel=xxx

In this example, I have silenced out // the original panel, and selected the xxx panel for my aircraft.

In the aircraft.cfg, you can list more than 1 panel but you can only have one panel that is active!

What is the name of your add-on panel? OR what is the file name of the panel you downloaded?

Edited by Downwind66

This is what I was trying to have you check your aircraft.cfg:

1. Open the download .zip to a temporary location and copy the respective panels to your TDS B737-800 and TDS B737-900/ER aircraft folders. Edit your aircraft configs to reflect usage of my two panels, as follows:

FOR THE -800

panel=KW_TDS738NGFS9

OR

FOR THE -900/ER

panel=KW_TDS739NGFS9

(above copied from your Readme file from the panel download)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This entry in your aircraft.cfg file will tell the sim which panel you want to use. Without one of these entries, it will not show you the new panel!

Again, your aircraft.cfg file may look like this:

//panel=

panel=KW_TDS738NGFS9

in the above, I have silenced the original panel, and selected the new panel to be displayed

panel=

//panel=KW_TDS738NGFS9

in the above, I have silenced the new panel, and selected the original panel to be displayed

Make sure you have one of the above examples as part of your aircraft.cfg.

Edited by Downwind66

I am enjoying the panel so far on my first few flights and have been familiarizing myself with all of the working features.

The only thing I have come across that I have had difficulty with is toggling between the IAS and the Mach setting on the A/T control setting on the autopilot.

That should be nothing more than a preference selection of how you want your airspeed to be displayed. In that I am not familiar with your panel and I don't usually care to see Mach airspeeds, I will have to pass on being able to help on that subject. I try to keep things simple when flying. Knowing the equivalents in Mach vs KIAS is just one more thing to remember. I think the Mach selection button is there if you have the need to know? I am sure, the more you fly the aircraft, you will manage to figure out all the "bells and whistles" the panel affords you!

At least you are flying with the panel you wanted!

Edited by Downwind66