Edit aircraft specifications FSX Steam

Hi Everyone. I have a few add on aircraft for FSX that I have downloaded from various sites. I have found that some of the speed parameters, such as max speeds, are incorrect. I am wondering if there is a configuration file that I might be able to edit to correct it.

For example, according to RW information, the 747-800 has a cruise speed at 35,000 ft of roughly 490kt, and a maximum speed at 35,000 ft of 533 kt, however, whenever I bring the plane, at level flight, about 350 kt, I get the Overspeed clicking noise, and notification.

So, obviously, I'd like to set the correct values in the configuration file, however, I can't seem to find the information in the aircraft.cfg file in the 747-800 folder. Any suggestions?

You can see the ACTUAL ground speed in the GPS window at the bottom. This is what determines how long it takes to get somewhere but that's not what the gauges show (as they depend on airflow at different air pressures). Wikipedia can explain the basics between those different kinds of "airspeed".

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

That "cruise speed at 35,000 ft of roughly 490kt" is TAS (True AirSpeed), or actual speed relative to the air around you. That "about 350 kt, I get the Overspeed clicking noise" is IAS, or Indicated AirSpeed. As the others mention above, you need to learn about the different ways of measuring airspeed, and what they actually mean.

I'd suggest you look below at the Real Aviation Tutorials & FAQs section of the forum, under "Speeds and Altitudes" where all these things are discussed. The FS lessons also can help you learn about such things. There's a lot more there that you can learn, too.

Aviation is NOT very intuitive, and the terminology can be confusing to one who is not well versed in "aviation speak."

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thank you. I am new to the terminology, however, I played this "game" when in junior high school (early 90's), and used to have fun with it. Came back to it 25+ years later. I appreciate the information, and continue to have fun with it. :)