Flying heavy aircrafts with a joystick

I used to use mouse yoke to fly around for the most part. While it was ok with light GA aircrafts, the heavies and helicoptors were just too clunky to fly. So im looking to invest in a joystick now, maybe a thrustmaster t16000 which comes with a single throttle lever. Is there anyway to bind multiple engines to the throttle quadrant using the other buttons so that they can be controlled individually? or will it always act as one whole unit? Thanks in advance

It might be pretty tough to do since you can program a button to select an individual engine, but then you need other button programed to say what you what that engine to do.

ENGINE COMMANDS

On multiengine aircraft, engine commands affect all engines unless you first select an engine.

Select Engine...  E+engine number (1-4)

Select All Engines...E+1+2+3+4

Engine Autostart....CTRL+E

Throttle (cut)...F1

Reverse Thrust (turboprops/jets)....F2 (press and hold)

Throttle (decrease).....F2 or Num Pad 3

Throttle (increase)......F3 or Num Pad 9

Throttle (full).....F4

Propeller (low RPM).....CTRL+F1

Propeller (decrease RPM).....CTRL+F2

Propeller (increase RPM)....CTRL+F3

Propeller (high RPM).....CTRL+F4

Mixture (idle cutoff)....CTRL+SHIFT+F1

Mixture (lean quickly).....CTRL+SHIFT+F2

Mixture (enrich).....CTRL+SHIFT+F3

Mixture (full rich)....CTRL+SHIFT+F4

Carb Heat/Engine Anti-ice ((on/off)).....H

Magnetos (select).....M

Master Battery/Alternator (select).....SHIFT+M

Jet Starter (select)......J

Helicopter Rotor Clutch ((on/off)).....SHIFT+. (PERIOD)

Helicopter Rotor Governor ((on/off))....SHIFT+, (COMMA)

Helicopter Rotor Brake ((on/off))....SHIFT+B

Increase Selection....= (EQUAL SIGN)

Increase Selection Slightly....SHIFT+= (EQUAL SIGN)

Decrease Selection Slightly.....SHIFT+- (MINUS SIGN)

Decrease Selection.....- (MINUS SIGN)

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I used to use mouse yoke to fly around for the most part. While it was ok with light GA aircrafts, the heavies and helicoptors were just too clunky to fly. So im looking to invest in a joystick now, maybe a thrustmaster t16000 which comes with a single throttle lever. Is there anyway to bind multiple engines to the throttle quadrant using the other buttons so that they can be controlled individually? or will it always act as one whole unit? Thanks in advance

I am partial to the Logitech 3-D Pro - I've owned mine for over 20 years & it's still working flawlessly. $35.00 at Best Buy or you can get a deal on line. Good luck

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gamepads/extreme-3d-pro-joystick.html

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_15.png

You might consider this: I have been using a USB 10-Key Pad for 15 years and I fly GA, tubes, heavy mil, helicopters, race cars, ships, ufo's, etc, with it. Can't fly without it now!

It has throttle (F1-F4) so combined with keyboard key presses I guess you COULD control individual engines. But, there is no getting around keypresses (no device has THAT many buttons-ha) so the keypad helps a LOT!

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

>e then 1

selects engine 1.

>e then 2

selects engine 2.

E then not 1 or 2 but something else, throttle for example.

Selects all engines again.

(so does e then 1 then 2).

About zippy's advice, one small error in that. Contr+Shift+F1 is the default command for "engine shutdown" and does much more then just adjusting mixture. It also closes fuel valves, and does some things like switching master generator and such off. With Encruer generator and such not having gauges to show what they are set to, restarting manually becomes pretty much impossible. (though starting with Contr+e sometimes still works.).

Assign it to the amocod that Zippy mentioned manually. (Engine auto shutdown is not a command you want to have assigned to anything.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]