Following the footsteps of Jan

I am beginning to develop an affection for the DC-4 that Von Peerhoven so adores. I took one for a spin over California in stormy weather. This is the AA model with such an eye catching livery.

DC4_1.jpg

Climbing into the electrically charged cloud layer

DC4_2.jpg

Lightning visible in the background

The model is available as freeware in the file section, everything works fine with my FSX. You can download from here

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good looking plane and nice lighting capture! :cool:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a working link :https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=71974113 . there are lots of repaints available in the libraries. Good luck! Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid,

Wonderful pics of the DC-4. Glad you find it fun to fly.

I'm waiting with bated breath for a model of the DC-4, -6, or -7 to be fitted with floats. That way Jan and some of the rest of us with, shall we say, an affinity, for water will feel more comfortable.

Regards to all,

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

Thank you all for your kind words.

the download link ain't working for me :( :(

Maybe the links are dynamically generated so they will not work in another session. Here is how to manually do it:

1. Go to advanced search in the file section and search for DC-4 and a full model checked, as shown below:

S1.jpg

2. Select this model shown below in the search results:

s2.jpg

Alternately, the file name is searchable, just copy and paste the name of the file: jbkdouglasdc-4-1009v3up.zip into the filename field in the search and it will fetch it for you.

Hope it works and hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Khalid,

Wonderful pics of the DC-4. Glad you find it fun to fly.

I'm waiting with bated breath for a model of the DC-4, -6, or -7 to be fitted with floats. That way Jan and some of the rest of us with, shall we say, an affinity, for water will feel more comfortable.

Regards to all,

Bill

Wanna play with a 4-engined baby with floats, try this one:

130f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine captures of the DC-4 Khalid. It's always nice to see propliners on display here. :) :)

Thank you Larry Glad you like it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm, following in Jan's footsteps is a dangerous undertaking. Don't forget your Hip Waders.

Good choice of plane though. A reliable and capable transport for land and, ahem... sea. :rolleyes: -- Bob

By the way, Jan's birthday is in a couple of days. And I hear he's pretty darn old. :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hmmm, following in Jan's footsteps is a dangerous undertaking. Don't forget your Hip Waders.

Good choice of plane though. A reliable and capable transport for land and, ahem... sea. :rolleyes: -- Bob

By the way, Jan's birthday is in a couple of days. And I hear he's pretty darn old. :p

Oh that makes him "born on the fourth of July" :cool: just like the Tom Cruise movie! Happy Birthday Jan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! :):cool: I'm glad my birthday is so popular in de US.....;) And I'm NOT old you hear! PAH!

Contact Oliver Stone if he wants a sequel to the movie,,,, :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Von Peerhovens only play major characters! :) btw: this post had over 2000 hits, and there are only 325 left now? And I miss lots of intellectual comments.... Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]