Sidewinder Pro USB adapter?

vomacka

I would like to see if I can use my old (WinXP) Sidewinder Pro joystick on Win 7.

I need a USB adapter/converter for it. I have also read that this is not possible from a driver point of view because Microsoft changed the driver comparability.:mad:

Is there a way to get a USB adapter that will work with Win 7 and have any drivers loaded on Win 7?:confused:

Thanks.

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

There is a convertor called a RockFire USB Nest that should work.

See the following video links for some info....

Also google the phrases Rockfire USB Nest and USB adapter/converter for Sidewinder Pro joystick will give links to possible purchasing sites....

Regards

Brian

Hi Scott and everyone.

Yes, you can use your SW Pro with the adapter in Win7, and you do Not need any new drivers, Windows 7 will see and use it directly.

The adapter does not affect any of the internal functions of the controller, it's just a hardware conversion, wires and connectors, that redirect the signals, no smarts inside. You can actually make your own if you want but it's much easier to get something off the Inet.

I spent an hour going over those videos and other product reviews for the Rockfire USB nest. I think it is just what the doctor ordered!

I'll pick one up and try it out with my SWP joystick.

Thanks for all the help!

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.