Cannot taxi in a straight line (some of the time!)

Some of the time taxi steering is very stable, at other times wants to wander either left or right.

I see a number of posts relative to P factor and torgue, but rolling at idle throttle or particularly with a jet this should not be a problem on the ground.

Under Realism Settings, P Factor, and Torgue are turned off.

Now what really is strange: Upon landing at my destination airport, taxi sensitivity is always very stable and the aircraft will taxi in a straight line.

This is not aircraft, location, or flightplan specific. By that I mean with any aircraft or same conditions, this problem may or may not show up.

Respectfully:

RTH

I've found that the 172 will track straighter on takeoff if I start off slowly and then increase the throttle. I turned torque and P factor down to half and should probably turn it down even more. Never had anything like that much weaving in a real plane.

Mark: I tried no wind, and 30kns from both 90 and 270 degrees and saw no difference.

Hossfly68: I have not flown a default plane in decades except when trouble shooting, but I have touque and P factor turned off.

I am happy that thanks to BF Bullpup on another forum, I believe I have a solution. I use the CH Pro Pedals for steering. I checked the settings in FSUIPC and found that in the neutral position there was quite a bit of noise. These footpedals are noted for getting broken wires. I have splices on more than one occasion, the last probably a couple of years ago. A failing pot is also a possibility. In any case I set the neutral null zone above the noise level I was seeing and have no problem taxiing in a straight line now.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RTH