Eaglesoft SR22 Turbo Stuttering

Ralie25

Hi all,

Purchased the Eaglesoft SR22 a few months ago and have been putting up with stuttering ever since. I have now become very frustrated with the stuttering to the point that I don't use the SR22 at all. Eaglesoft concluded that the stuttering was due to my system - something I'm now questioning as I can run all other Eaglesoft aircraft no problem.

My system is basic, 8GB Ram etc on Windows 10 running FSX Steam (let me know which additional info I should post).

My question is, how do we solve the stuttering problem? I have come close to excluding files through anti-virus but need more direction on what to exclude.

Let me know where I should start...

Best

Ok so from what I can gather from MsInfo the processor is an AMD A6-5200, 2000Mhz (that must be the speed). Correct me if I'm wrong of course!!

Let me know what this may mean for my Cirrus ambitions

It looks like a 2000MHZ= 2.0 GHZ processor, pretty much what I have. The SR22 may be more of a CPU resource hog as compared to your other aircraft. Probably aircraft textures.

You may have to try lowering some of your settings or removing checkmarks. Uncheck Lens Flare and Light Bloom, water settings to low 2.0, simple clouds, etc.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

If you are really getting only 2.0 GHZ it's a wonder that you can fly anything in FSX...

BTW, payware is usually much more demanding on anyone's system.

Not necessarily true! Even with a couple of payware aircraft or payware released as freeware aircraft and updated freeware airports, I have little difficulty other than minor stutters at major city airports.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well, Mr. Zippy. that surprises me as everyone else in this and the other Forum is so obsessed with CPU speed, even to the point of overclocking their chips (which may actually lead to a shorter chip lifespan).

But I certainly believe when you say that 2.0 is adequate enough to enjoy flight simming.

I myself have an Intel 6700k at 4.0 (not O/C'ed)

Surprisingly enough I actually do have all the graphics settings down to near their lowest point. I did this especially for the Cirrus yet I still get stuttering. This leads me to think it may not be the processor, perhaps more the anti-virus aspect (the antivirus checks files while flying leading to the stuttering). Anyone know how/which files to exclude in antivirus?

Re the 2GHZ processor, flight sim is still enjoyable but most add-on scenery slows the sim down considerably. With some eye-candy the sim still works okay though which is all I need at this stage.

Excluding anti virus files will make no difference to your stuttering. If your anti virus is performing a scan while you are flying, this would likely cause stutters. It wouldn't matter if you exclude FSX files or not, you'll still get stutters as it's still working and scanning other files. Anti virus scan times you can check in it's settings and set when scans are to be performed.

Check task manager, make sure nothing is running in the background using high resources. Likely you just don't have enough PC for what you are trying to run.

I hate people recommending other sims because often their reasoning is totally ridiculous but in your case, and there are MANY others in your position, why aren't you running FS9??? You could have such a smoother, better looking and problem free flight simming experience along with your SR22 which is also available for FS9. You have committed now but hopefully someone else who's about to jump straight into FSX might look at their system and give FS9 a thought first.

Mark Daniels

Thanks for your reply. The reason I went to the anti-virus possible cause is because Google came up with a number of posts like this when searching for things like 'fsx stuttering' etc. Still interested to hear if anyone else could comment on this.

As for the sim, I'm actually quite happy with what I've got with FSX now, even on my current PC. I can still run the add-on scenery I need (albeit the lighter loaded ones) and I'd rather have access to the add-on's that FSX affords.

If I can't run the Cirrus on my current system then I will have to accept defeat, although I'm not ready to admit that just yet.

Another possible solution would be to try a similar aircraft of which the Columbia 400 springs to mind. That runs Avidyne screens as well, anyone have any experience with Eaglesoft's version of this aircraft?

Archived