Thread: Is it worth uploading stuff here.

Default Is it worth uploading stuff here.

Well the oncologist has given me four months, so it's now or never. Ive got years of repaints, all my own work. Qantas and Royal Flying Doctor. For many of the default planes, plus a few others. And a few original sceneries. Is it worth while uploading these?
    Steve from Murwilllumbah.

Sorry to hear about your health, Steve. Holding thumbs for you.

Of course, Steve. There's a very large & active FS2004 support base here...
    Upload with pleasure!!

Regards,
    Robin

Hi Steve, mate that's terrible news - I really hope they've got it wrong. The library here is by far the best place for all things FS2004, and whatever you'd like to share with us will be very much appreciated.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 10 Pro x64

4. Default

Mate, that's terrible, sometimes people beat all the odds.
    Of course, if you are prepared too, people here I'm sure would love you to upload the files.
    All the very best.
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by old_wombat View Post
    Well the oncologist has given me four months, so it's now or never. Ive got years of repaints, all my own work. Qantas and Royal Flying Doctor. For many of the default planes, plus a few others. And a few original sceneries. Is it worth while uploading these?
    Very sorry and upsetting to hear this... Wow. Like most others, cancer has greatly affected my family. I send you my most positive energy. May you gain strength within.

To your point, I'd share everything, so that your energy and love for this hobby continues through others. All of you work is important.

May you gain strength in every way, sir. ✈

Bests,
    Last edited by jh1144; 04-24-2019 at 04:23 AM.

6. Unhappy

Sorry to hear this. I've had many family members with cancer and it sucks ^&%#@! I lost my cousin in 2016 to that s__. I generally feel saddened to hear this. Cancer really sucks and I hope perhaps with the better understanding of DNA we can cure and/or prevent it.

I would indeed upload your stuff here and perhaps also Avsim as well as a sort of immortality of your work for others to use all across the world. I've done the same thing with my basic upgraded airports and I see other sites have downloaded my files and are hosting them as well. So my files are all over with my name and website.

Last edited by DominicS; 04-24-2019 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Little edit on the language

Let us hope the doctors are wrong (when I was ten my father was given six months to live, when I was twenty-seven he passed away ...after enjoying his fishing, vegetable garden, cigarettes, and boilermakers the entire time), but by all means share your files.

8. Default

Dear Steve,

We have life and then, in a blink, a new life we will never understand until that time.

What you have, files, scenery files, things related to flight simming are far more than that for many who enjoy what is in fact, more than a hobby. What you have is history. Many of us approach flight simming asking ourselves a question. "I wonder is there a better representation of this, or that out there or can I create what I want to see and share it. That is the big thing, to share what you have created.

Please , share your work, your creations. As I say, it is history.

Mark from Adelaide.

9. Default

Thank you for your contributions to this forum over the years. Your files would be eagerly welcomed by this community. Sorry to hear of your situation, praying for you.

Steve: You'er a real trooper, and you will be in my prayers. And, I also say thanks to all your contributions to this crazy little hobby of ours.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"...