A2A P-51 Civilian P3Dv4 Academic - Anyone here have this installed?

jring2

I just purchased this and it flops around like a thanksgiving turkey avoiding the dinner table. I do know the P-51 is a bit of a challenge to fly, but so far this has proven unflyable. The *.pdf file was written for an earlier version as it talks about two install files - there's only one. In any case, I would like to know if anyone else has become a successful P-51 pilot with this file. I have flown the appropriate A2A p-51 in made for FSX and made for P3d executes so would assume it has similar flight models. In any case, I CAN fly their P-51 in both of those Flight Sims but not the one made for P3dV4.

Anyone?

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Hi jring2

I have both the MIL & CIV A2A Mustangs running in P3Dv4 and they are great. My suggestion would be to post in the A2A forum giving details about the problem as they are very helpful.

Take care

Ed

Hi jring2

I have both the MIL & CIV A2A Mustangs running in P3Dv4 and they are great. My suggestion would be to post in the A2A forum giving details about the problem as they are very helpful.

Take care

Ed

Thanks for the info. Nice to hear! . . I did a search there but haven't posted. I will try a post.

Did the Garmen ever work for you in the VC? Mine seems non-responsive.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I also have them running in P3D4 with no issues at all. GPS works fine as does all else. Not at flight computer right now but IIRC you can enable/disable various items including the GPS in one of the popup panels - shift 2 or 3 I think. For example, if you do not remove the pitot cover before takeoff, you will have issues, etc.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I also have them running in P3D4 with no issues at all. GPS works fine as does all else. Not at flight computer right now but IIRC you can enable/disable various items including the GPS in one of the popup panels - shift 2 or 3 I think. For example, if you do not remove the pitot cover before takeoff, you will have issues, etc.

Vic

Hmmm. My experiences with it definitely don't match yours. The built in GPS is dead to the mouse except it opens up a blank menu if I click the middle of the Garmin (opens just a black rectangle) The 2D GPS on the mini menu opens and functions fine, but never shows up in the installed VC garmin. Also, the VC controls sometimes act up. (Fuel gauge won't let me change it unless the engine is running, which gets dicey if it is on the empty one when you try to start it.) I did get the aircraft in the air and flying nicely with an adequate landing once for about ten minutes. I have admittedly not read all 70 pages of the manual or all the 60 pages of the Accu manual, but I did read all those pages that had relevant headings and came away no wiser. I am guessing I am missing something or the install was a corrupted file. If anything stands out here as to my problem, feel free to weigh in. (Hoping your advice isn't studying all 130 pages of data). :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Sounds like there's something wrong with your install. You could try reinstalling, making sure you do ALL the steps, IN THE RIGHT ORDER. But definitely post your problem on the A2A forums; you won't find a more helpful bunch of fliers.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived