FSX Crashes When Hitting "Alt"

Hey flight simmers,

Today I just started having a problem in FSX where when I hit "Alt" to go to the little menu bar on top, FSX suddenly freezes, then crashes. Note: I did yesterday just install TileProxy for FSX, is that the problem?

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Okay, I'll uninstall it then, then report what the results then were.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

And a little note, it happened at random times, like on the ground, I could hit alt no prob, but when I hit ALT+ENTER to go fullscreen, it would crash. And if I took off, when into fullscreen successfully, as soon as I would hit Alt, it would freeze, then crash (close)

No go. I uninstalled TileProxy, and in my 172, when I reached 2,400 feet, I pressed "Alt" and it crashed. Should I delete the Tileproxy folder from my FSX folder>

The uiautomationcore.dll error probably. Read here how to fix:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?290194-FSX-system-Crash

Thanks il88pp, I'll try this, hope it works. FYI, I deleted the Tileproxy folder from my FSX root folder, haven't tested it out again, but I will. The automationcore.dll thing might work since I play FSX:SE on a Windows 10.

Just so you know, yesterday I also installed the FSX Cold And Dark Cockpit Mod from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1345/fsx-cold-and-dark-cockpit-mod/ , but I doubt that's the problem, if you want to see why, view the link and/or download it.

Ohhh...I already replaced the uiautomationcore.dll in FSX:SE, is that bad?

Well good news, it doesn't crash anymore pressing Alt, no problem! I was able to get to 35000 feet no prob. But I can't figure out why...it's either cuz I deleted the Tileproxy folder from the FSX root folder, or because of the uiautomationcore.dll file.

Archived