Look what I made

Mashby

So having a bit of an unusual sim set up pic below. I still like to use 2D panels as my lower screen acts at the panel.

Unfortunately as we all know 2D Panels are going the way of the dino and I am big fan of Carenado. So I had to learn how to make them 99% of all the gauges

match and correspond with the Virtual Cockpit and I can look outside and still keep an eye on everything. Most of the gauges needed where made form scratch which was a bit of a learning curve and had some help form the guys over at FS Developer. I know I could use another virtual cockpit on the second screen however I don't like it moving about and then the sound doesn't tie in with upper screen. Anyway I just thought I post some screen shots.

The Set Up

oxVcMwA.jpg

Commander 114

b8ZKla8.jpg

Cessna 340

ic4DYRn.jpg

Aero Commander 500

MHPTBf4.jpg

Aero Comander 690

supqFQn.jpg

Cessna F406

ZhKUXun.jpg

Piper Senaca ii

4y0LCsH.jpg

Cessna 337

4ZqaF19.jpg

Dornier 228

xG76H4D.jpg

Shorts 360

C3Fcq9O.jpg

Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Matt

From scratch you say? Impressive! Congratulations.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Good Job! Well done! Pedals CH also?

Yes all CH and quite old now but still working great.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea having the sun beam in on the back of your monitor like that. Although, I do see a drape, but the heat might be a concern.

I am in UK so fortunately doesn't get that hot buy room is well vented if it does.

Thanks for everyone's kind words it amazing how quickly you get the hang of it although some

gauges are a real pain and my knowledge of XML only goes so far.

I luv it. The man learns to develop gauges from scratch and the first comment is about light from a window!?!

That is incredible work. A whole hobby onto itself. That musta taken months if not years to master. I too have a setup with three 27" wrap-around displays and a smaller 15" for gauges or a panel when I wish to go "2-D mode". Any plans on releasing those to fellow simmers?

Great job,

Clutch

I luv it. The man learns to develop gauges from scratch and the first comment is about light from a window!?!

That is incredible work. A whole hobby onto itself. That musta taken months if not years to master. I too have a setup with three 27" wrap-around displays and a smaller 15" for gauges or a panel when I wish to go "2-D mode". Any plans on releasing those to fellow simmers?

Great job,

Clutch

Thanks Clutch unfortunately I don't think I could release them due to the fact a lot of the textures are modified from Carenados original textures so I would be against copyright I believe. I would ask if more people would be interested in them but not sure of they would agree.

Wow, quite a feat what you've done. Good job! How did you do with the 2D background bitmaps? There are some 3D-only planes for which I'd like to create a 2D panel.

The way I do it is do quite a few screen shots from the 3d panel and then along with the raw panel texture mold it into a suitable bitmaps it is not hard just takes a bit of practise getting the right angle on the shots. But if I can do it I am sure you can but if there is an aircraft you desperate for send me a pm and if I have it I will do you one.

Also left two out

PA-31

sIS4t2e.jpg

B58

n7iulmO.jpg

Edited by Mashby

• 5 months later...

just an update

So as I like to fly with 2 screens I like both 2d and 3d Panels. So been continuing my work on Carenado/Alabeao aircraft and just put them up for all to see.

95% of the gauges will sinc with each other and GPS/G600/some annunciators/Aspen gauges were already 2d from aircraft so they are not mine not that good lol.

Cheers

Matt

Piper Aztec

RFp9dAo.png

Q9kyGMk.png

Cessna 310

xasnHGw.png

y9Pck6Y.png

Cessna 207

Ajs5g9r.png

Saab 340

Mr8x8jI.png