Can someone help me download this aircraft repaint

Cjet123

Push the green download button! Did you get the .zip file? Can you extract the texture folder and Readme file?

The texture folder will go into your A330 aircraft folder and inside the Readme s a [fltsim.xx]. Copy and paste that into your A330 aircraft.cfg and change the .xx to the next consecutive number.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

When you download it, the file is in a zipped folder, you have to extract it from that folder.

Make sure you have the aircraft model for the paint scheme you just downloaded if not then it won't work with just any Airbus A330.

If you have the model then open FSX and the folder with it in, then when you extract the files from the zip with the new texture either drag it or copy it to the opened A330 folder in the sim.

Then look in the extracted files from the zip there should be a text file (README) telling you to copy and paste the [fltsim.xx] entries in to the Aircraft.cfg file in your A330.

Then change the .xx to the next number in the CFG something like:

[fltsim.1] (xx or whatever number is next)

title=A330-300 Cathay Pacific

sim=TomA333

model=RR

panel=330

sound=

texture=CPA

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=CPA

atc_airline=Cathay

atc_flight_number=0847

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Airbus

ui_type="A330-300"

ui_variation=Cathay Pacific

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Thomas Ruth"

description=

what does this sentence mean, does it mean just move the whole folder to fsx effects folder

Unzip all files from the lighteffects folder into your FSX/effects folder

There is no such sentence in the readme of that download! Just a texture folder called CPA and the

[fltsim.17]

title=A330-300 Cathay Pacific

sim=TomA333

model=RR

panel=330

sound=

texture=CPA

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=CPA

atc_airline=Cathay

atc_flight_number=0847

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Airbus

ui_type="A330-300"

ui_variation=Cathay Pacific

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="Thomas Ruth"

description=

This goes into your Tom A333 folder/aircraft.cfg

I know that, but one of my other aircraft downloads requires that I have that done in order to install the aircraft.

Adding a repaint to an existing aircraft is not similar to adding a complete aircraft.

Please use the word "install" when you are talking about running an installer on your computer. Or when talking about installing an addon by moving files to (fsx) folders on your computer and the related editing .cfg files (config files) for it on your computer.

----

use the word 'downloading' only for the step of getting the file from the interweb.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just download it, extract it, place the texture.xx(for example, texture.DA) folder in the aircraft's folder in FSX, then in the readme, copy the fltsim.xx blah blah blah into the aircraft.cfg, after the last fltsim.xx, replacing xx with the next number.

I've been an experienced FSX player for two years now, and an enthusiast forever. Be sure to check out my blog on here, I blog daily about everything aviation!

Specs: Windows 10, Intel Celeron CPU J1900 1.99 GHz, 1993 Mhz, RAM 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics

Archived