FSX can't run because version of DirectX is incompatible?

spirittoo

THANKS !..... Im trying to re transfer the file tonight. Never thought about activation... Thanks for the heads up !!! If i have to purchase another copy is Steam better than FSX ? I see its only 25 ish. Do you have to buy aircraft, airports etc ?

Thanks Again Brian !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

The Steam version is essentially FSX Deluxe edition plus the Acceleration addon - it was also sold together as FSX Gold. And like the base version of FSX you can buy or download freeware stuff to enhance the base sim. The big major difference is where stuff is installed as, although the main FSX folder structure (i.e ….\FSX\) is the same it is buried slightly deeper in the main Steam Structure.

See this THREAD for more info on FSX-SE that will be helpful to you. Look in post #3 for a link to a webpage that describes in detail what changes have been made.

If you do a search of the forum for FSX-SE and/or Steam related threads and use my profile name as part of the search criteria , you will find a number of threads regarding using FSX-SE and Steam in general

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian !.. i want to figure out this FSX issue out of being stubborn i guess.lol,,,,,, Im leaning towards Steam....
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
OK Brotha,,, I can get the program to run but has a error for activation then starts but its only the demo with full control and shuts me down after 15 ish,,, Graphics on the new machine are way better. Soooo cool !...... Q, is there a way to go around the activation call and get the program to run full ?.... My wife is yelling.lol at me to just buy a new DVD but Im learning so much it makes the effort worth the price !... If not what are your thoughts between X PLane, Steam or FSX ? I d loaded Xplane and am not really impressed, Steam sounds cool but was wondering your thoughts !

OK,,, Bought a copy online, shipping today ish,,, thanks man ! no mas ! CYA in the skies next week

• 4 months later...
The 'requires the English version' statement implies that you either have a non-english version of the game OR that the language element is missing or corrupted.

Three options you could try - a repair of the FSX install, attempt manually installing the MSXML 4 component from your FSX disk or downloading a suitable language based MSXML4 SP2 update.

Option 1 - Insert FSX disc ONE and run the repair option.

Option 2 - Insert FSX disc TWO into the drive and stop it from auto-running. Right click on the drive icon and select OPEN from the resulting menu. This will show the contents of the disc. Scroll down the contents to located a file named msxml - it will have a standard MS Windows Installer icon. Double click on the file to run the program. Once the installer has done its work reboot and test FSX.

Option 3 - Go to this MS PAGE and download a version compatible with language version you have. As you are using Win 10 a possible relevant point to make here is that, if you have the English version of the game and methods 1 or 2 resolves the issue, it may still be beneficial to download and install the English version of this file.

Downloaded the file.in option 3, SP2 Installed it or i thought and got the game running with a new Flight Simulator Deluxe version of the game. Thought all was good so I have been flying for sometime. I recently tried to join vATSIM. Said I need SP2. I checked by starting a flight, Going to Help tab, About and sher enough it says I only have SP1 install..... Did a complete delete and reinstall of FSX. Before doing anything I reinstalled SP1 and 2. Downloaded it to the download page and ran install from there.... Still shows no SP2 ? THANKS for your help !

Edited by Th1racer

As Charlie has stated it appears that you don't have the FSX SP2.....

To clear ANY confusion - The FSX SP2 is a totally different file to the MSXML 4 SP2 I suggested that you install in my earlier post.

The FSX SPs (1 and 2) are FSX specific files whilst the MSXML 4 SP2 file is an OS based system file that FSX and other programs make use of when required....

Regards

Brian

As Charlie has stated it appears that you don't have the FSX SP2.....

To clear ANY confusion - The FSX SP2 is a totally different file to the MSXML 4 SP2 I suggested that you install in my earlier post.

The FSX SPs (1 and 2) are FSX specific files whilst the MSXML 4 SP2 file is an OS based system file that FSX and other programs make use of when required....

+1 I finally asked where did he get his SP2 file and his link pointed to the MSXML 4 SP2. This was at the AVSIM site.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi Charlie,

I only suggested the MSXML 4 SP2 file to resolve the language .dll issue that was reported in post #12 as the wording of the error message implied that there was a problem with his MSXML 4 component install.....

I also thought that I had made very clear in subsequent posts (#20 and #22) that it was a totally different SP2 to the FSX SP2.....

Regards

Brian

Brian,

Went back and actually stopped doing my usual 5 things at once and focused on your Posts ! Bottom Line your suggestions along with Charlies worked ! I know have SP2 in the free flight, Help, About :)........... THANK YOU GENTS !!!!!!.... Are there any other SP's that I need to worry about before I start to rebuild my Flight empire.lol ?

• 3 years later...

Hi Ahmed....

When you say 'all of these did not solve my problems' are you just referring to the specific items that you have quoted from my original (and very old) post or have you tried ALL of the processes outlined in the complete thread....

As this is a very old thread and you have not given any details regarding your actual problem I would suggest that you start a new thread with FULL details of your issue(s) so that the community can better respond to help you...

Another option would be to use the search option on the threads to find info specific to your issue(s - many have been resolved and there is plenty of info out there.....

Regards

Brian