ERROR 1603 during install after CLEAN BOOT x 2

mikegyde

Hello my fellow FSX enthusiasts!

After reading hundreds of threds im still stuck :( :( :( :(

My computer recently crashed, and taken to a computer shop and factory reboot was done, so PC came back as fresh out of box, with them telling me they did the fresh boot twice.

Trying to install FSX CD1 (worked before the crash) and it takes about 5 seconds to load the blue boxes up to "removing applications". It then sits there for around 5-10minutes and comes up with the above error code of 1603.

I have tried following the tips posted in previous posts to microsoft with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions? im sick of reading forums and not getting anywhere.

I just cannot seem to install the game now. I do believe im running windows 10, however that is what i have been running for the last 4 years on this PC and it worked just fine.

Thanks, Mike

Easy fix. Read my thread "This needs STUCK TO THE TOP, Fixing FSX errors during reinstall on windows 10"

It takes 10 minutes to clear the error cause and get install successfully going. If you have any questions I will be back on here tomorrow night to walk you through it.

The problem is they only used recovery to wipe the drive and reinstall windows, it will not erase the problem causing your error. I reset a brand new laptop with the factory reset to new, and fsx still failed install. If they would have used "killdisk" and wiped the drive and installed win 10 than I think it would work, but by only using the software in windows to factory erase and reset to new it keeps the problem and you will continue to fail install.

Archived