FSX Installation Error

Frankiec123

Hello, I have been trying to re-install Flight Simulator X onto my computer. At the end of the installation, a window pops up saying "Error 1722, There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor." It only happens with this game. If anyone has the solution, please help!

The 'resetldl' is 'resets L d L' and not 'resets i d i'. OK? OK!

If you are not paranoid and trust MS you can find the 800 number and allow MS tech to reset it via REMOTE PROCEEDURE or REMOTE DESKTOP. The tech will take over you PC as it's only way he can get in there and delete then add necessary files. All you have to do is sit and watch. And pray? But this works when everything else fails. Cheers.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Hi Frankiec,

If installation took more than 10 minutes or you heard disc "chattering" during the install it's likely that there is a conflict with the way the data is encoded on the FSX discs with other software that is installed. This is a well known problem. If this seems the case, post and I'll provide the solution. You will not be able to activate until FSX is properly installed.

Jim F.

kb928080 (resetsldl.exe) removes the FSX registry entrys from the Windows registry.

After that the fsx installer will offer "Install fsx" again.

(With the registry entry's still there the installer would only offer "remove" or "repair")

-------------

I would definetly do a reboot before installing.

-------------

kb928080 does not remove the fsx files. If you want to install to the same folder where your old fsx was, then make sure the old folder is gone. If you want to keep the old files, either move the folder to another location, or just rename the folder.

-------------

Fsx also installed a number of system files, mostly configuration settings.

Some people say you should delete those (or some of them) to make sure the new install is fully clean.

I never did this, and always just reinstalled. As far as I can see that works fine. I guess those old system files get overwritten.

(Then again, I think I did the uninstall correctly most of the time, and maybe that deleted those system files.)

I briefly looked for a thread on that but couldn't find anything that said they had to be removed, so I think you're good to go.

------------------

Here's the FSX Uninstall-Install Guide

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

-----------------------

About Payware.

kb928080 does not remove payware (airports, planes).

Payware fsx addons should have been uninstalled before uninstalling fsx.

Payware often uses it's own registry entry's. If you uninstalled that neatly, those are now removed.

If you forgot to uninstall the payware and you did delete the fsx folder, the payware's files are gone.

In most cases that means their uninstallers won't work.

And their registry entry's are still there.

So before reinstalling the payware those would have to be removed too. That is true for planes and such, those are installed within the fsx file structure. Completely separate addons, like a weather program for example, may not need to be reinstalled. It varies, so check each addon you have.)

Getting those registry entry's out could be a problem.

I can't advise on that. But I did find this thread.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?292062-FSX-Not-Responding-after-reinstall

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived