I have a product key, but have trouble installing FSX Deluxe Edition

jbwebb41

Hi. I'm having trouble installing my Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition. I have a product key, but nowhere in the installation process did it ask for it. Then the installation ended. The program is on my computer, but when I start it up, it gives me a notification that the product hasn't been registered. I can fly for a little while, but after a time, the program gives me a message that my trial time is up. How can I resolve this?

I've heard (or think I have) that if you go to Menu/HELP there should be an option to Activate; have you looked here? Mine is activated so I don't see that option.

Secondly, the Phone Activation.xml file in your install folder shows Phone numbers (by country name)for calling for activation assistance.

Try these and see if you can make some progress.

Loyd

on second thought: You'll need to update with 2 service packs or Acceleration. More bother. You might make a PROFIT (if those disks are good) by selling the disks, and buying FSX Steam edition on sale (what's that, typically 10 - 15 dollars?) with Acceleration, fixes and never any activation issues. Think about it... See what a disk copy of FSX deluxe is selling for on E-bay or Amazon and really think about it.

Seriously.

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived