FSX Radio Frquencies / land course settings

Markopolo1

Hi

I have been flying with FSX Deluxe for a little while now and have been able to put runway frequencies and land course settings into Nav system to enable the use of the app button but a number of them are either not available or they are out. I have searched the net but and a number of sites for these settings but I have had no luck. Does anybody have a list of these settings or know of an update to correct the missing ones. Any help would be much appreciated

runway frequencies and land course settings into Nav system to enable the use of the app button but a number of them are either not available or they are out.

By "runway frequencies" do you mean ILS (localizer) frequencies? And I'm not quite sure what a "land course setting" is. And it's not clear what you think is missing.

ILS (actually localizer) frequencies are odd-numbered (tenths) freqs between 108.1-111.95 MHz. Even numbers or freqs outside that range are typically for VORs.

Here's another way to list them that I copied from a search:

• LOC: 108-111.95 MHz (odd tenths)
  • VOR: 108-111.85 MHz (even tenths)
  • VOR: 112.0-117.95 MHz (all frequencies)

The OBS (Omni Bearing Selector) knob on the CDI (Course Deviation Indicator) selects radials for VORs but has no effect whatsoever on the localizer/ILS freqs -- that's a fixed course on a per runway basis.

If this doesn't completely answer your question, please post a clarification of what you're after.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived