St. Barts and Caribbean scenery

bkmetz2x205

Hi B,

Take a look at this PAGE

The list provides a large amount of what is available out there and offers 3 ways to do a search -

1. By looking through the listing for a particular country by selecting the required letter from the list.

2. By viewing a scenery map - select the required country using the dropdown menu next to an entry titled titled SceneryMaps. The map has location links to most of the listed scenery and allows you to easy view the region based around a known location - e.g if you select a Caribbean island you will be able to view all of the region very easily.

3. Search for a specific airport name using the Search field option provided....

Regards

Brian

As freeware goes, you'll likely not beat Zippy's recommendation.

True, I'm sure, and longbreak754's link recommendation will put you on the path to find about anything you want. Some of the links come back to flightsim.com, some to other sites, and freewarescenery.com does contain some link rot, for example, anything referring to terra-brasilis.org, but it's about the only comprehensive scenery link site I've heard of.

Robert Smith

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help so far everyone.

I installed mrzippy's suggestion. On my system it has a problem. Some of the textures are not clear, and it appears that some of the elevations are not correct on the airfield. Some of the default aircraft have wheels slightly under ground. On the take off and that heads towards the bay there is a sudden drop on the runway.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

That sudden drop in the runway is a sloping runway. That's how it's supposed to be. As for the tires, I just look at em as being left in the tropics for an extended time and gone flat. I know that doesn't help, but I have no idea about the tires and that was just the first thought that came into my head.

Hey, it made me laugh!

Thanks for your help so far everyone.

I installed mrzippy's suggestion. On my system it has a problem. Some of the textures are not clear, and it appears that some of the elevations are not correct on the airfield. Some of the default aircraft have wheels slightly under ground. On the take off and that heads towards the bay there is a sudden drop on the runway.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

I'm wondering if that may be due to any mesh you have installed or third-party add-ons.

Even with the small flaws that show aircraft tires sunk in a little, it is still the best freeware scenery for this airport. The aircraft in the parking area are objects placed there and not AI aircraft. Pretty tough to fix.

St. Barth.JPG

St barth1.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived