Terrain texture Problem

sapphire

I Now all of a sudden I now get this ground texture in FS2004

And....it appears to happen ONLY with downloaded Aircraft files.

The ground seems fine when using bought/commercial aircraft?

Also - when the scenery is blurred I get a black screen when exiting the sim but not so when flying Commercial/bought aircraft

Its driving me mad !!!!

And yes I have downloaded texture scenery updates but it makes no difference at all

I am using windows 10 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 64 bit ASUS laptop

Pics show flying with downloaded Aircraft and then with Commercial Aircraft

The difference is striking to say the least

Any help please

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

You're flying too fast and too low for FS2004 to render the ground textures properly.

Try limiting your FPS to 30 or even 25, if you haven't already - this will improve, but not cure, the rendering problem. The cure is to fly something slower at low level instead.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The downloaded aircraft will be a more detailed model and have higher resolution textures, demanding more graphics resources than the default aircraft.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi I agree with FS not been able to keep up, it looks like the classic thing, I would start by loading Optimized Defaults in the Bios if available, then load defaults in the 3D graphics settings if they have been tweaked then copy and paste my Tweaks Document frorm my wed site link below and apply setting which should open FS up to its full potencial.

Web : http://biggles11.wix.com/the-natural-world

Mail : biggles11@btinternet.com

Howard

Guest Sascha66
Howards tweaks are really excellent, after messing with those I have almost no problems anymore. Also in the Envtex manual (which is freeware) there are some terrain.cfg entries mentioned, which remove a lot of problems, don't ask me how as they seem to pertain to streams and utiity lines only. Guess those masks are used for other things.

Archived