sky simulations DC-9 out of memory

pfrunder

I have posted this on the P3D forum but am wondering if anyone has seen this problem with FSX:

I am getting out of memory errors with my newly installed Sky Simulations DC-9 V2 in P3D v3.4 . This is the only plane that gives me this error. I have tried both VC and 2D panels as well as different variants of the DC-9. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and still get the error about 45 minutes into a flight. Has anyone else had this problem? I have reported it to Sky Simulations Tech support a few days ago and they said would look into it but I haven't hear back yet. Computer Specs:

Jetline GT2 System

i7 7700K processor (4.8GHz overclock)

16GB Kingston DDR4 SDRAM 2400 MHz

6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Processor

-Randy

The problem will be the same in FSX and P3D v. 3 - you do not exactly run out of memory, but out of space in the so-called VAS (Virtual Address Space), in which your FSX or P3D runs.

For a 32-bit application, as FSX or P3D up to and including v. 3, this VAS can only be 4 GB in size, and short of re-compiling the application as a 64-bit application there is NOTHING you can do about that.

The solution is either to go to P3D v. 4, which is 64-bit, or to reduce your settings to take up less space in the VAS. In your particular case, maybe something can be done about this aircraft also.

Jorgen

Archived