Plan-G and G1000 or GTN750 waypoint datasets don't match?

paulrunge

This is kind of a weird problem that may likely be user error. When setting up a flight plan within FSXS I find that the way points calculated are not always found inside Plan-G. Likewise, some Plan-G way points cannot be found inside the G1000/GTN750 flight planner. I am guessing this may be caused by different data sets for Navigraph or such?

If I have missed something, please set me straight? Otherwise, is there a way to get a one time update (read "cheap"!) that would bring FSXS, Navigraph, and GTN750/G1000 etc into synch? Ihate searching for unknown waypoints when I reach Arrival holding points!!

Thanks!

Paul

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz 8GB

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

The waypoints in the gtn are only in the gtn. Not in fsx scenery files, so you don't see them in PlanG.

The waypoints that are in the fsx scenery are seen by PlanG. Also by the default flight planner.

The gtn waypoints can also be seen in payware fmc's. (if you update those fmc's to the same navigraph cycle as the gtn.

If you would change/update the default waypoints in the scenery files the fsx default flight planner would no longer work. It would not be able to create a plan any more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is kind of a weird problem that may likely be user error. When setting up a flight plan within FSXS I find that the way points calculated are not always found inside Plan-G. Likewise, some Plan-G way points cannot be found inside the G1000/GTN750 flight planner. I am guessing this may be caused by different data sets for Navigraph or such?

If I have missed something, please set me straight? Otherwise, is there a way to get a one time update (read "cheap"!) that would bring FSXS, Navigraph, and GTN750/G1000 etc into synch? Ihate searching for unknown waypoints when I reach Arrival holding points!!

Thanks!

Paul

The price you pay for conflicting datasets.

Ensure all datasets are from the SAME date.

Good luck, because it's almost impossible to do, unless everything is set to the original date of the sim.

If you would change/update the default waypoints in the scenery files the fsx default flight planner would no longer work. It would not be able to create a plan any more.

So untrue.

I use the Hervé Sors updates for about two-three years now, and I must confess I normally don't use the FSX default flight planner.

I did now, planning a flight Brussels to Arlanda (with the latest Navaids update applied).

FSX default planner (high altitude airways) comes up with:

EBBR DCT PAM UN872 DEMIR N872 ALS Z703 ELPAX N872 DKR DCT ESSA

Maybe not a RW route, but a valid FS route.

AND a valid route for the current AIRAC 1902.

Can be entered in any updated FMC, in the Navigraph app, on Simbrief, ...

I don't use Plan-G any more, and I don't have the GTN750, but what I know for sure is that the updated intersections show up on both the map and the default GPS.

So allow me to have my doubts about the other statements in your post as well.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Thanks so much Wim. I think I follow you, and will try to sort this out. May I assume you are using Little NavMap instead of Plan-G?

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz 8GB

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Archived