KeyonZ

I want fsx but i dont know my specs, i got this app that said i have a quad core cpu but the system information says i have a .9 ghz i have a surface pro 4 idk the price

I don't know what you expect us to do? If you don't even know where to find the system specs we can't help. If you have a `.9 ghz` CPU you've got a calculator, not a computer..!

Suggest a google search then come back when you can provide more information. There should be no need for an app to provide specs!

I do NOT KNOW if FSX will run on a Surface Pro 4 Tablet... this is certainly relevant to your question and probably the first thing that needs to be determined. I have difficulty imagining trying to run a flight simulator without at least a keyboard and mouse.

Amberdog1 showed how to find the needed information in Windows 10; I'm using Windows 7 and here the process is slightly different. I find the "my computer" icon and Right-Click over it; a small menu opens and I select "properties". This give a window the displays the basic hardware and OS information. What Cpu you are running and at what speed. What windows version and how much memory you have. This is all stuff you need to describe in your original post so we can start helping right away.

This is your first post so nobody will really beat you up about it but this is stuff you should know about the computer you are running because it will come up again and again. One of the most useful 'apps' that I've seen for knowing all about your hardware is one from the CPUID folks called Hardware monitor. Free download link here. Will it run on a tablet? Don't know. Will the tablet run the other pieces of software that may be required to 'game' on it? Again, don't know.

You also may want to find a tablet users group for additonal help with the limitations of your device.

The simplest FSX install is the version from Steam and the Requirements are given as 2.0Ghz minimum. FSX will run on a single-core machine but multi-core is better. Your app showed 0.9Ghz but some machines SLOW down when they are not busy (to save power) so that might be what you were seeing.

Computer properties and that Hardware monitor both show what the cpu is capable of even if it is running slower at the time you look.

good luck and welcome to this forum.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived