Lost files in fsx

Ernestd

I can't seem to make a flight plan because I get a message saying FSX-SE can't find the files and tells me to try again. I've already gone to local files and clicked the integrity of game files. It told me 96 files failed to validate. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled fsx-se and still having the same problem. Need help thank you

FSX and FSX-SE will save flightplans here:

C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Check that you have a Flight Simulator X Files folder in your 'My Documents' directory - if you've already checked the integrity of game files, Steam should have repaired or replaced the 96 files which failed to validate, most of which will have been your Documents\Flight Simulator X Files. If not, try running the integrity check again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you for your reply. Itcb prevents me from making a new flight plan that I haven't even flown before. That's where I'm lost. I've checked the integrity twice and the files have not been replaced. If I uninstall fsx-se and steam and reinstall all of it is it possible the files will be replaced?

I can't seem to make a flight plan because I get a message saying FSX-SE can't find the files and tells me to try again. I've already gone to local files and clicked the integrity of game files. It told me 96 files failed to validate. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled fsx-se and still having the same problem. Need help thank you

Down Load Little Nav Map. Excellent Free Program. I don't use Flight Planner in FSX. See if you can find latest version 2.2.3 Here's the link for it. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?17443-Little-Navmap-1-4-3-Released

First, the invalid files found by the validation check may well have been a combination of default FSX 'program' files AND User created files. The vast majority of those files stored at C:\Users\\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files are User created files - i.e. flight plans, saved flights etc and these will automatically fail a validation check as they are not default 'program' files.

I assume when you start FSX-SE you are loading a saved flight - be it either a saved version of the default flight or a custom saved flight. It could be that this saved flight is corrupted. Therefore, try resetting the default flight as follows:

1. With FSX-SE closed and using Notepad, open the FSX.cfg file for editing.

2. Find the SITUATION= entry. It is located under the [uSERINTERFACE] section and will look something like this example - the items in RED will display info specific to you.....

SITUATION=C:\Users\YourAcctName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\

3. Delete the C:\Users\YourAcctName\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ part of the statement so that it only states SITUATION=

4. Save and close the file and test FSX-SE. It will load the default flight (i.e. the Trike over Friday Harbour). You may get an error message about not being able to load/find the last saved flight and that FSX will attempt to load the default flight - click OK to accept. It will also reset the time and season setting to the default (i.e. a date in 2006 and Clear Skies).

5. Let the sim run for 45-60 seconds, end the flight and close FSX-SE. This will allow the sim to write and save info to a number of files.

6. Restart the sim. The default flight will reload using the default free flight options. You should now be able to create your own free flight and flight plan.

Regards

Brian

Archived