Autopilot is on every flight

Enko

Hi there,

Sorry if this is dumb, FSX SP2, I was practising with autopilot on a 737 800, now every flight, no matter what the airport or plane has the AP on, so the throttles are up etc. I can pause and shut them down, but don't know why it is happening. Please any clues for a noob?

Thanks

Another, very easy, solution: Ensure FSX is closed. Open your FSX.CFG file.

Use either NotePad, included with Windoze, or NotePad++, a small freeware, very easy to find and download. ONLY ever use one of those two software to edit such files. More advanced word processors will add invisible symbols that will make the file useless and unusable by the sim.

ALWAYS make a backup copy of any file you are going to edit BEFORE you do anything to it.

Find the heading labeled [uSERINTERFACE] .

Under that is the line SITUATION= . What comes after the = is unimportant, because as soon as you locate it, you will delete everything after the equals sign (=).

Save the file off, close it, and restart FSX.

The default flight, will now be the sim's original, default Default flight. You really should leave it as such. It prevents a lot of problems.

This method, however, will permit you to keep all your saved flight files, it will simply reset the default flight.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived