Merry Christmas!

CRJ_simpilot

And to you as well! And if I may add.....Well done on your Father! He was so fortunate to have you there!

Yeah, it was a truly remarkable thing. What's so unreal is that I have often asked God that for just once in my life I'd like to save a life, and if I did that would be mission accomplished. I never thought in a million years it be my own dad. Just unreal.

This Christmas my dad and mom got me a pendant like necklace about being appreciated and what have you. When my mom put it on me (since I couldn't) I felt like how the cowardly lion got his "courage." LOL! Though for me I'm not one to wear things around my neck so it hangs near my bed draped around a steel 2 foot tall Knight which also has a medieval cross necklace I have.

When my Dad got his wings at Pensacola NAS and just before he was deployed to the Pacific in WWII his Mother gave him a saint Christopher medal with his name and date on it. He was the sole survivor of his first squadron. On his death bed in Nov (age 94) he gave it to me ....I’m the Jr. and oldest son of 6.

It is precious to me.

Yeah, things like that are worth more than gold by weight I reckon.

I too have a precious cross that belonged to my late cousin who died in 2016 of cancer. He was my favorite cousin and he helped me in life in some of the most profound ways that a book could be written about it. To make a long story short, I had a very dark chapter in my life and he was there.

So prior to his death I created a website as a form of shrine. I hope to keep it running as long as I'm able. He was only 55 when he passed and left behind a son. It's the least I can do. During hurricane Harvey I donated to Samaritans Purse in his name and they sent a card to his wife. She was touched and shard it on Facebook. As I don't use Facebook anymore my mom told me about it. https://toddexler.com/

Archived