Navigraph

bobraw776

I find it hard to justify paying Navigraph about £5 a month to keep the Airacs up to date.

Surely the airfields don't change their Sids and Stars that often do they?

I've stopped updating and the only penalty is that the FMS reports "Navdata out of date".

I can live with that and save £60 a year.

I don't know about the UK, and I know nothing about Navigraph, but the FAA's instrument publications are updated every 56 days, and sectional charts every six months. NOTAMs are issued as needed, whether daily, hourly, or whatever.

It's not that everything is changed, and certainly they don't send you a complete new set every 56 days, but some things do change and some new charts are received every period. Obviously you don't need that in the sim, so whatever you want to do will work fine.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

If you use real world flightplans (that you download perhaps), then after some time you will notice occasionally a waypoint or airway in the plan is 'not in database'.

Also runway headings in the plan may become off by a degree. Because of the moving magnetic north pole.

You can just get a new update at that time. They are for sale seperately. You can just buy one instead of a subscription.

Some online flying sites may require up to date navigraph.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived