FSRealWX causing crash

hockeydude7

I recently installed FSRealWX and it seems great, if it would work.. I set everything up in it and then as soon as it loads up, it closes. I get the following error:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: weather.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00015393

Faulting process id: 0x178

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4974820c7a8ae

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\weather.dll

Report Id: e3b97bbd-525b-44cd-ad51-67603492f428

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any idea how to fix?

I did as both posts said and it originally still did not work. I got it to work by doing the following:

1. Start FSX and select aircraft, position, etc and left weather on clear skies (what it defaulted to after deleting .wx files)

2. Once it loads and in the aircraft, start FSrealWX and download weather and send to FSX

3. Worked fine, switch airports and all worked.

Thanks for posting your solution so others may find it helpful should they encounter the same thing.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me since I use AS16 exclusively and all the time when I fly, and I have a boat ton of .wx files. I guess I should go in there and trim the heard. I have a ton of saved flights from all around the world. Even some of the most remote places on Earth.

If it hasn't happened yet you might be okay. I don't know that it was a .wx file problem. I think it has something to do with the order my add ons connect to FSUIPC or SimConnect. Because it worked when I waited to start FSrealWX, led me to believe it has something to do with when it connects. I noticed that when I already had FSrealWX running before starting FSX, I got some kind of error message from UTLive when it tried to start.

I did as both posts said and it originally still did not work. I got it to work by doing the following:

1. Start FSX and select aircraft, position, etc and left weather on clear skies (what it defaulted to after deleting .wx files)

2. Once it loads and in the aircraft, start FSrealWX and download weather and send to FSX

3. Worked fine, switch airports and all worked.

Always get your flight started in FSX, then get your addon weather program started. It needs to know where you are to get the proper weather info from the servers.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Always get your flight started in FSX, then get your addon weather program started. It needs to know where you are to get the proper weather info from the servers.

I still used the "FSrealWX lite", I call it the org. I start it a few seconds after doble clicking FSX.ese. In fact it is the program that tells me when FSSinconnect becomes available. Since no flight plan has been selected yet, it sits there empty/idle waiting for "fly now". It works fine.

Wondering something about using this program or any other program for real world weather . Does it or will it still work if you change the time? In other words if when you start your flight it is night time , and you change it to day will it work?

It should, but keep in mind that it uses whatever weather is in the servers at the moment you are using it.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived