Another FSX crashing question

hockeydude7

Hello,

All the sudden my FSX has been crashing as soon as it loads up. It doesn't matter what aircraft or scenery I choose. I have not installed any add-ons before it started crashing that didn't work before hand. I deleted my FSX.cfg to see if that was the problem, I have the UIAutomationCore.dll, I'm not sure what else to do. Any ideas? No error message pops up. It works for about half a second, goes to "not responding" and closes without warning.

Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz

AMD Radeon HD 6450

6.0GB RAM

Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit

Possibility of an overnight video card graphics update causing the crash? I would be looking for something like an API.dll crash or similar.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.

One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: This is what we need to Know!

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a

Faulting process id: 0x748

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4

Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll

Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,

you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->

Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.

Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Add one problem this Debugger as made me FSX Crash many times. a lot files a since July 2017 I saved files in folder.

File: fsx_62615_crash_2018_12_20T23_6_59C1

debugger open for WinDbg information.

Notice it that what is for DbgX.dll

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

The dllhost.exe file is a system file and can be found in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

The file is used by multiple programs and is normally associated with the COM+ and IIS processes. As it is used by multiple programs, a problem with one of them can cause corruption to the file and thus affect other programs that make use of it - this is the most common cause of the error.

Other causes can be a missing file, an invalid windows registry entry, a virus or malware.

I suggest you do the following, in the order stated:

Step 1 - Corrupt/Missing file.

Run the inbuilt OS tool called System File Checker (SFC) - see HERE, HERE orHERE for details and methods on how to run it.

NOTE 1 - The process can take some time to run and it may appear to 'freeze' during the process - it hasn't, its just working in the background. When the tool has completed its scan it will present a message with details of its findings/actions.

NOTE 2 - The process may show that there are multiple errors and state that it was unable to fix some of them. This is because some of the errors will have been caused by one or more bad file(s) that a particular process relies upon and the only way the process itself can be repaired is if all the files that it relies on are also good. Simply re-run the process again.

If errors are found and corrected - reboot the PC and test FSX. If FSX starts then no other action is required. If it fails the recheck for the faulting module to see if it is something else that is causing the issue.

If no errors are found - go to step 2.

Step 2 - Registry Error.

Download and install a registry checking/cleaning tool. There are a number of freeware tools available such as CCleaner (google the phrase registry cleaner to see what's available). Irrespective of which tool you use install it using Admin rights and reboot the pc before running it.

Step 3 - Virus/Malware.

Hopefully, this step is obvious and you should be doing it regularly anyway - Run a virus scan to check for any issues

Regards

Brian

Archived