AI Timeout Patcher File For FSX Query

eddywinch82

Hi there,

I would like to install the AI Timeout Patcher File in FSX. However I found out on the Internet, that people have installed it in certain versions of FSX, and it has caused FSX to crash on startup, and in many cases, people have had to completely reinstall FSX !

How do I go about installing the Patch File in FSX ? What amendments need changing in certain files coding, to ensure it installs properly without crashing FSX ? Or whatever method is necessary, to ensure the crashing doesn't occur ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Eddie

There's an AI Timeout Patch on AVSIM library for FSX SP2 only - aitp.zip - it's a patched version of the aiplayer.dll found in the FSX main directory. DO NOT use this patch if you only have SP1 or have upgraded to Acceleration, it will crash the sim.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the info tiger1962, should I backup the aiplayer.dll File, try the patched version, and replace it with the original, if FSX crashes on startup ?

Eddie

Definitely! The alternative to AI Timeout Patcher is AI Smooth v1.20 which works with any version of FSX.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived