Content and Scenery not installed

n697dt

I just bought a new computer and had a computer shop move my SSD from my old computer to my new one. Before I took it in, I deactivated the client beforehand, although I can't remember how I did it, I remember it worked. So, I've got my computer back and from what I understood, I just need to run the Install Client. I run the install client and I eventually get an error; Content and Scenery not installed. Everything as far as the files should still be in their same place. I hope there is just a step I missed. Thanks for your help.

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

I just bought a new computer and had a computer shop move my SSD from my old computer to my new one. Before I took it in, I deactivated the client beforehand, although I can't remember how I did it, I remember it worked. So, I've got my computer back and from what I understood, I just need to run the Install Client. I run the install client and I eventually get an error; Content and Scenery not installed. Everything as far as the files should still be in their same place. I hope there is just a step I missed. Thanks for your help.

How about installing Content and Scenery? If you checked the Windows Installer history they should be shown. If not, reinstallation is necessary.

If the SSD contained all your P3D files, you still have to reinstall everything. The registry entries are missing in the new OS and they need to be set properly. Not to mention the other files in Appdata and Programdata.

Reinstall. Save some aggravation.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived