Video Recording With FSX Steam Edition

BigT-65

I sure would like to make some videos that I can record and play back but FSRecorder does not work with FSX-SE. I have tried all the various hacks and none of them work on my system. Is there any other Flight Sim Recorder that will work with FSX-SE? A lot of sim pilots are using the Steam Edition now surely there must be some who are making videos. Thanks for any suggestions.
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never got FSRecorder working on this machine BUT since our flight group uses JoinFS for connectivity it was great to find that it also HAS a flight recording function - not quite as fleshed out as FSRecorder but a lot better than trying to do it all live or with just the built-in FSX 'flight recorder'. See my multi-aircraft Machynlleth, or the "3 ultralight Zebras" vids at the YouTube link in my signature below.

...and yes, JoinFS is free. Check it out at http://pmem.uk/joinfs/install.html

And what about the actual recording? I use OBS. You'll need a tutorial to get it started and recording correctly maybe, but it's free and it definitely does the trick. I have one setup for 'full screen' and a different one for windowed (no frames). Use the wrong one and you get a recorded black screen.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

• 1 month later...

Archived