Crashes to desktop

kalizzi

p3dcrash.jpg

Hello,

I am having trouble adding ORBX products to my newly acquired p3D v4, the sim crashes to desktop (see attached screenshot). Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello

Apart from Orbx scenery do you have any other Scenery Add Ons Installed ?

I am having trouble adding ORBX products to my newly acquired p3D v4,

Can you expand on this a little, What happens ?

-----

I'm logging off now so I will leave you with these steps (In this order)

1) Start small, Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file and let this file generate again when Prepar3D is launched next. This will not effect your Add Ons, You will just need to adjust your Graphic settings again to your Preference via Prepar3D > Options

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=131587#p189254

---

2) Check your Scenery library priority in FTX Central, If for some reason the Orbx scenery has landed at the bottom of your scenery library Prepar3D will not launch. Click the link below and look at the Correct Scenery order for Orbx > Library Insertion Points

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522254-ftx-orbx-scenery-prepar3d-updating-reinstalling-troubleshooting/?do=findComment&comment=3735212

---

3) If you mostly have Orbx scenery Installed you could try the steps in the video below (Refreshing the Orbx library) You will find additional Information in the comments below the video

---

4) If you are having Issues with the FTX Central control panel you could try and reinstall Central, This is quick and harmless and will not effect your Orbx Scenery. You will find additional Information in the comments below the video

---

5) Last resort, If you are still having Issue try these steps below

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130201

Elaine Dixon

If you have previously or recently purchased Orbx scenery, be sure to download and install their FTX Central 3 program. When you open it, it will highlight the programs you have purchased and will install them to P3Dv4 when you tell it accordingly. As far as I know, FTX Central 3 is the only way to install Orbx programs.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Thank you Poppet, but with all due respect there is no such file as Prepar3D.cfg on my system. I am using version 4 so maybe it has another name. Johnost Thank you and I am indeed using FTX Central 3 and the latest versions.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

there is no such file as Prepar3D.cfg on my system.

Hello

Most likely regenerating the Prepar3D.cfg will not resolve the type of Issue you have but its always the first and least Impact step to take when you are having Issues with Prepar3D

Highlight the complete bold text below, Right click and click Copy, Then paste this into your Windows search and click on the result.

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

------

More Importantly, What other Add Ons do you have Installed ?

Have you tried step 3 above ? (Refreshing the Orbx library)

Elaine Dixon

Thank you Poppet, but with all due respect there is no such file as Prepar3D.cfg on my system. I am using version 4 so maybe it has another name. Johnost Thank you and I am indeed using FTX Central 3 and the latest versions.

You haven't tried installing ORBX before first running the sim? Rushing the install is NOT a option.

After the installation is complete, RUN the sim at least to the `default aircraft on the runway` to generate temporary files needed for any subsequent addons.

Also, cfg files are hidden by default. You need to modify your OS settings to see these files.

Hello

Most likely regenerating the Prepar3D.cfg will not resolve the type of Issue you have but its always the first and least Impact step to take when you are having Issues with Prepar3D

Highlight the complete bold text below, Right click and click Copy, Then paste this into your Windows search and click on the result.

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

------

More Importantly, What other Add Ons do you have Installed ?

Have you tried step 3 above ? (Refreshing the Orbx library)

Dear Elaine,

There is no such file as Prepar3D.cfg on my computer. P3Dv4 must use a different file name.

Thank you and best wishes.

K.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You haven't tried installing ORBX before first running the sim? Rushing the install is NOT a option.

After the installation is complete, RUN the sim at least to the `default aircraft on the runway` to generate temporary files needed for any subsequent addons.

Also, cfg files are hidden by default. You need to modify your OS settings to see these files.

Dear Mark,

I ran the sim and took a couple of flights before installing the ORBX add-ons.

I went and started the sim after each and every module, so it generates the scenery files and indexes.

I already configured my computer explorer to view all hidden and system files, there is no such a thing as an Prepar3D.cfg file on my computer. I did find a certain (( Prepar3D.exe.config )) and I don't think that this is the cfg file we are looking for.

Thank you for attempting to help.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

k - if you have EVER run P3D successfully there WILL be a Prepar3d.cfg file on your system. The sim will NOT run without it. it is there, that is the correct and only name used for the file. Be sure 'show hidden files and folders' is ticked and 'hide extensions for known file types' is UN ticked.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

k - if you have EVER run P3D successfully there WILL be a Prepar3d.cfg file on your system. The sim will NOT run without it. it is there, that is the correct and only name used for the file. Be sure 'show hidden files and folders' is ticked and 'hide extensions for known file types' is UN ticked.

Vic

Thank you Vic but would you be so kind as to tell me what is the path for this file on a typical Windows 7 setup?

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not possible.

Look again, after `show hidden files and folders` has been ticked...

I was thinking the same myself, but have a look for yourself:

settings.jpg

Thanks for attempting to help anyway.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

By default:

AppData/Roaming/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3d V4

Prepar3D.cfg is the name of the file.

If you don't have it, you have messed up the installation rather badly and probably have a raft of issues beyond that file. Cease ORBX installation and solve THIS problem first...

Thank you Mark and all you good people who tried to help, I am able to resolve the issue at last. There is a shortcut in the P3D folder called "delete generated files" and then I needed to delete all the metafiles generated by FTX Central 3. Now all is good. Many thanks to you all once more.

Yes Mark it is under c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d V4.

Best wishes.

Khalid

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived