hellcat

bonnie

Hi bonnie,

In the Hellcat Aircraft.cfg file, go to the [piston_engine] section and look for fuel_metering_type:

fuel_metering_type=0 //0=Fuel Injected, 1=Gravity Carburetor, 2=Aerobatic Carburetor

Change =0 or =1 to =2 and you've now got an Aerobatic Carburetor.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

hi again

i changed the said item and some improvement ,at least a half cuban without shutting down . lowered the fuel, no change . changed to fuel injection and still shuts down after a few manoeuvres. i cant reload the aircraft as the original download is long gone from my pc. can i change the config file for one from a similar airframe. a shame really as it looks very nice in flight. i dont want to fly it round like a cessna 150 any more ideas gratefully received

cheers

Try switching on Automixture in the Aircraft/Realism Settings drop-down menu - you can't just leave the fuel mixture lever on full rich in combat or aerobatic maneuvers, but it's tricky to keep adjusted correctly at all times so Automixture will help until you're more familiar with it all.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Try switching on Automixture in the Aircraft/Realism Settings drop-down menu - you can't just leave the fuel mixture lever on full rich in combat or aerobatic maneuvers, but it's tricky to keep adjusted correctly at all times so Automixture will help until you're more familiar with it all.

i tried the auto mixture it was already on . i cut the fuel flow . and re-evaluated how i fly and found that leaning off the mixture a lot and fining the prop off works except for landing when coarsening the prop and enriching the mixture causes the motor to quit

thanks very much for your effort and time.

Archived