FSX zoomed in view issue

T S LEWIS

looking for input on how I can fix this. running on Windows10 for a long time, recently everything appears on screen as if i have zoomed into the view somehow. I can now only see about 25% of what i need to see and have always seen, making flying impossible due to lack of panel view. I have tried uninstalling program several times, no help

Any thoughts?

If you are flying in FULL SCREEN mode, is the sim resolution set to your default monitor resolution?

Do you have any view zoom control with the + and - keys at the top of the keyboard? Any control with the SHIFT plus + or - key? In any view mode?

Does the "Set default zoom" ( default function using Backspace key) change the zoom level?

Can you use your mousewheel to adjust zoom in the Mouse-Look mode?

Mouse-look = panning around with mouse while holding "Space" bar.

Anytime you change views, it seem like I remember that the information in the upper right corner should display the view name and the zoom leve if it is NOT full size. Unless it is turn off, of course (and mine is)

Is the 'camera' TOO CLOSE to the aircraft (this is NOT the same as being zoomed in too far) There is a reset view function (mine is Control+Spacebar but that may not be the default setting) that would reset the camera position - this should work in all camera modes.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Hit 'Backspace' key. Hold Ctrl while pressing Spacebar. Don't use wheel on mouse. Don't use '+' and/or '-' keys: use 'Ctrl+'-' or 'Ctrl+'+' keys to move eyepoint (without any zoom that causes distortion).

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived