Aero Commander 500

pilotposer

Yep. :cool:

I found the 680 over at the other site last month and tried installing it in FS2002. First rate work by Milton and the crew back in the day. :D

The real aero commander is quirky. People either think they're odd or fantastic (or fantastically odd?). :confused:

I was never a fan of the aero commander until I tried it out. Then they started to breed like rabbits in my FS and before I knew it I had the full range from the 500 to the 680 installed. :p Now, I just have to get used to the idea of having prop blades just behind and over my left shoulder. When I'm flying from the VC, if I look at something out of the left window, as I fly past I always wind up thinking "Yikes, those tips are CLOSE!!". :eek:

I like the sound files from the the original download for the two blade engines and the modified sounds for the Baron with the three blade versions.

Yep. :cool:

I found the 680 over at the other site last month and tried installing it in FS2002. First rate work by Milton and the crew back in the day. :D

The real aero commander is quirky. People either think they're odd or fantastic (or fantastically odd?). :confused:

I was never a fan of the aero commander until I tried it out. Then they started to breed like rabbits in my FS and before I knew it I had the full range from the 500 to the 680 installed. :p Now, I just have to get used to the idea of having prop blades just behind and over my left shoulder. When I'm flying from the VC, if I look at something out of the left window, as I fly past I always wind up thinking "Yikes, those tips are CLOSE!!". :eek:

I like the sound files from the the original download for the two blade engines and the modified sounds for the Baron with the three blade versions.

Is there a 2D cockpit? I want to try the plane but absolutely hate 3D/virtual cockpits.

There is a perfect 2D cockpit with this plane.

We should expand on that. :cool:

Milton's Aero Commanders could have easily been payware.

The panels (VC and 2D) and gauges are first rate.

I'm pretty sure all the versions are available as "with VC" (VC and 2D panel) or "no VC".

Just be aware that the Commander is supposed to be quirky.

In a world full of Chevys and Fords, the A/C is a Studebaker Avanti. :pilot:

You wind up with a panel that feels more at home in the late 50's to 1960's.

The 500 series "cargo" model has the most up-to-date panel, BTW.

The gauge lighting is really impressive and immersive, just be aware that the only "glass" in these cockpits still has wine in it. :D

If you're flying at night (in VC or 2D) and you find yourself squinting a lot, its because you're supposed to. :cool:

One thing I should mention, BTW. If there was a problem in this series, it was with the 680 model in FS2002. There's a gauge issue with ATC (you just can't contact them).

If you d/l'd the 680 and notice this, go back and d/l the 560 models. Grab the panel folder out of the 560 and replace the folder for your 680. The 560 has "newer" gauges (both a/c use identical panels, the 560 was released later and there's no ATC problems).

Speaking of "retro twins", you also might want to check out twin_bon.zip . :cool:

Really nice model that won't bog down your PC, its fairly easy to repaint, great panel (and VC), and I think I only had to replace the .air file to get it to work in FS2002 (aircraft is made for FS9, the rest of you won't have any problems).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived