Looking for plane model with more responsive/realistic gauges

N33029

Gang,

I got my Qref checklists for the Cessna 172 (except "M" through "P" models instead of "R" and "S" like in FS X). I find myself wanting a C172 with more responsive gauges than the one provided with the program. A different plane would work, I just need color arcs on the gauges because I can't remember all the numbers, and I'd like to be able to buy checklists to fly with, or at least print them from a .pdf.

I easily found the DC-3 checklists here - that's a fun plane to fly:

https://www.skyranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/DC-3-Checklists.pdf

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Gang,

I got my Qref checklists for the Cessna 172 (except "M" through "P" models instead of "R" and "S" like in FS X). I find myself wanting a C172 with more responsive gauges than the one provided with the program. A different plane would work, I just need color arcs on the gauges because I can't remember all the numbers, and I'd like to be able to buy checklists to fly with, or at least print them from a .pdf.

I easily found the DC-3 checklists here - that's a fun plane to fly:

https://www.skyranch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/DC-3-Checklists.pdf

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

Sean - Looking for good checklists to use with FSX default aircraft (and then some more). Check these out, you might like what they offer!

http://freechecklists.net/simchecklists.asp

Rick :cool:

Sean - Looking for good checklists to use with FSX default aircraft (and then some more). Check these out, you might like what they offer!

http://freechecklists.net/simchecklists.asp

Rick,

Thank you thank you - I will be over to the copy store to print some of these out. Maybe the King Air and Cessna 152 and 172 R-S. Found the Beech 18 on the real a/c checklists site, too. They have Word to be able to open it at the copy store, although I might download LibreOffice to do it on my home machine.

Thanks again, friend,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Sean - If you have a printer connected, you can print them right where you are, no trips necessary! After downloading to a zip file, you can then go in and see an Adobe file which can be printed, just make sure you set to Landscape and if you have "two sided copies" available, select flip on the short edge!

I like these checklists, been using them a long time!

Sean - If you have a printer connected, you can print them right where you are, no trips necessary! After downloading to a zip file, you can then go in and see an Adobe file which can be printed, just make sure you set to Landscape and if you have "two sided copies" available, select flip on the short edge!

I like these checklists, been using them a long time!

Rick,

Once in a while when I print something out at the copy store, I'll have them bind it for me, too. For checklists, it would be best if they could be narrow and coil-bound. This is the way the checklist I bought from Amazon.com is. It's also coated on the page where you fill in your flight information - the homebrew version of that is to print out as many of that page as you anticipate needing, and save the file to replentish supplies.

Sean

Archived