Airport Charts

Goggles

Having moved on from the Cessna 172, I'm now slowly coming to grips with an A320 and I find I now need access to airport maps to find my way taxiing to the end of the runway, and also SIDS and STARS charts for my flight plans. Can someone please recommend where to find them, as free versions? Thanks.

Thanks, this is very useful. However, other than schematics of the runways, I don't see detailed layout maps of the airports. I am looking for the airport buildings with the numbered stands and the taxiways so I can find my way to the end of the runway.

Go here for the U.S. http://flightaware.com

Enter the ICAO airport code and on the top will be an IFR Plates tab.

Or if you have a second monitor you can use LittleNavMap on the second screen and you can see the taxiways. No SIDS and STARS though.

The best thing to do is to learn to read the charts. When taxiing you have to know how to read the signs. This video helped me a lot.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

You might be interested in this. You can convert the PDF to bmp or I'm sure bmp SID and STARs exist here or somewhere else. I think you can open the IFR plate with Libreoffice and convert to bmp or there are online pdf to bmp convertors. Just Google "pdf to bmp" and away you go.

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-2004/tools-missions/1670/fsmap

I may give this a go myself. I'll use it mostly for VATSIM.

Having moved on from the Cessna 172, I'm now slowly coming to grips with an A320 and I find I now need access to airport maps to find my way taxiing to the end of the runway, and also SIDS and STARS charts for my flight plans. Can someone please recommend where to find them, as free versions? Thanks.

Why? Does the built-in Progressive Taxi not suit your needs?

Why? Does the built-in Progressive Taxi not suit your needs?

That works for the most part and I use it all the time, but if you're in VATSIM you better know how to read taxi signs and the airport chart.

Archived