Problems Taxi-ing

RobPreston

Can anyone help, please, with advice on an irritating little matter on FSX. I'm experiencing a problem with my downloaded A320s. They fly OK - in fact, better than OK. But I can't get them to stand still on the taxiway. Once the engines have started, they start rolling forward without my increasing the throttle. They weren't always like this: it's started within the last week or two. I think it must be a problem with the control function rather than with the aircraft, but I can't work our what. Any suggestions?

I use a joystick. And, yes, I am using a saved flight. I keep my main aircraft and location as the default saved flight and adjust that each time as necessary. I recently made another (newly-downloaded) aircraft into the default flight but had to delete it as it performed badly. It was about then, I think, that the problem started.

I use a joystick. And, yes, I am using a saved flight. I keep my main aircraft and location as the default saved flight and adjust that each time as necessary. I recently made another (newly-downloaded) aircraft into the default flight but had to delete it as it performed badly. It was about then, I think, that the problem started.

Have you tried re-calibrating your joystick? Starting with a saved flight can, sometimes, be troublesome. Try creating a whole new flightplan with your A320 and see if it taxis OK.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It is standard procedure to have the parking breaks set when starting an aircraft's engines.

Many pilots will create a saved flight "cold and dark" for realism. Doing this will eliminate rolling forward at startup. Otherwise, create a saved flight with parking break on and confirm using the throttle quadrant visual and engine readings your throttle is idle. Many aircraft have enough engine power at idle they will roll when the breaks are net set. This in many cases (especially at low weight and wind from the rear) aircraft will roll at idle.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

pvarn is right; a hi-powered newer airliner will roll at low weights. When you have a default flight wit hsay 50% fuel in a small plane it may not roll, but when you select a different plane like a 747, it will load with 50% fuel,and may roll. Save a default flight with the parking brake on so it is set when it loads. That may solve the problem

Archived