FS Global Ultimate 2018 - Next Gen FTX opinions

n697dt

I just noticed this new product out. I'm wondering if anyone out there has it yet and what your opinion is on the product. I use Orbx by the way. Thanks!

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

Hi n697dt,

If you have Orbx software then you are better off using The FTX version of Pilots FSGlobal2010, Orbx recommends this version for compatibility with its software and elevations. Although many have already used the Global ultimate often they find elevation inconsistencies around some airfields due to the higher LOD and fidelity. There is no doubt that Global ultimate mesh raises the bar for many areas of the globe, it also takes up a considerable amount of space on your disk.

The choice is up to you, I am at the moment running FreeMeshX with my Orbx software and am amazed at how well it works.

I think I'll check out the Freemeshx. By the way, it shows 50GB for the U.S. Is it worth taking that much space up for just U.S. mesh?

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

I think I'll check out the Freemeshx. By the way, it shows 50GB for the U.S. Is it worth taking that much space up for just U.S. mesh?

You need to actually READ the website. the 50 gig is for the LOD12 (9.5 m) mesh that is currently under development. The current default U.S.A. mesh is already at LOD10 for many regions of the Northern and is NOT included - but FreeMeshX DOES include LOD10 details for the parts of North America that need it.

Total size of the North America folder is only 5.46 gb. Please don't attempt to d/l ANYTHING without understanding what it is you're downloading and how to do it. If you want USA mesh, FreeMeshX is not the place to get it. YET.

Archived