Textures on some aircraft not showing up in Steam FSX

nedwreck

Hi all!

I'm having a problem with a lot but not all aircraft I install displaying textures.

I'm running Windows 10 with Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz and 8192MB RAM.

My video card is a Radeon RX 480 with 8 GB GDDR5.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

This looks like the default aircraft are OK, but your add-ons are not.

Possibilities:

1) The add-ons are not compatible with FSX.

2) The textures did not get extracted to the right location. NOTE: MANY AUTO_INSTALLERS were written for FSX which has a different directory structure than FXSE. If you extracted yourself, do it again using more attention.

There are other possibilities, but these are the most common.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

If you are confident you have done everything right, then we are left with the less likely options I did not mention:

1) The add-on is corrupted as distributed.

2) You do not have the latest fixes installed.

3) The add-on doesn't work for anyone else either.

4) The add-on is too demanding for your hardware and not enough memory is available for the aircraft.

5) You have another add-on which conflicts with the ones which do not work.

6) The add-ons in question depend on another add-on(s) which is not installed or installed properly...

There may be other reasons I have not considered often enough to think of them just now.

Regardless, there will be no one magic fix. Everything will have to be investigated. The lack of information you have provided leaves everyone in a hundred questions guessing game.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

What aircraft models won't load textures (complete description.)

What textures don't load.

The source from which you downloaded/purchased the models.

Which are freeware/shareware/purchased.

The archived filenames used to install the models.

Did the models work on any other version/installation of FS.

Did you get any warnings/alerts/messages from the installers or FS when you tried to load the planes.

Installed user RAM size.

Manual or automatic Mem cache management.

-Pv-

Let's stick to one aircraft for the present and see where that takes us.

How about the FSX Thales Airborne Systems Douglas DC-9-21 found here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=65722487

It shows up in my copy as solid white everything including cockpit glass and tyres.

As you can see, I got it from here as freeware,

I honestly can't say as whether this particular design has worked for me previously as I've never used it before. The aircraft performed as expected.

There were no warnings or messages. The interior textures were all there as were the controls and gauges.

My opening post lists my computers attributes. I have no idea if it's either mem or manual.

Thanks for your assistance,

Bob

Let's stick to one aircraft for the present and see where that takes us.

How about the FSX Thales Airborne Systems Douglas DC-9-21 found here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=65722487

It shows up in my copy as solid white everything including cockpit glass and tyres.

As you can see, I got it from here as freeware,

I honestly can't say as whether this particular design has worked for me previously as I've never used it before. The aircraft performed as expected.

There were no warnings or messages. The interior textures were all there as were the controls and gauges.

My opening post lists my computers attributes. I have no idea if it's either mem or manual.

Thanks for your assistance,

Bob

The link you provided is dead but I did search the plane & found it. I dl'd it and it shows up fine. I also have Window 10 & FSX-SE Airplanes are in the Steamapps/Common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes Folder. I think this is what plane your looking for?20180819135409_1.jpg

Archived