Lost in Space Jupiter 2 for fsx

garykidman

Can anyone help me please

I came across a video on youtube showing the jupiter 2 from lost in space flying in FSX

but i cannot seem to find where you can download it. when I do a search it only shows the one for fs2002 and fs2004

has anyone have any ideas. Or who are familiar with this model.

regards Gary

Can anyone help me please

I came across a video on youtube showing the jupiter 2 from lost in space flying in FSX

but i cannot seem to find where you can download it. when I do a search it only shows the one for fs2002 and fs2004

has anyone have any ideas. Or who are familiar with this model.

regards Gary

You have probably found the one they are using. Some FS2004 aircraft work fine in FSX.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Gary,

I'm very familiar with this Jupiter2-LIS model, assuming this is the one from Ronnie Pendergraft (the only one I know of). I even made a VTOL upgrade for it many years ago.

As far as I can remember, this originally is an FS-98 model, redone for FS2002/2004.

Maybe the external visual model still works in FSX (as the videos show), but all of the cockpit gauges don't work because they are (incompatible) FS98-formatted gauges.

So, as far as I know, they is no model that works fully in FSX; which is unfortunate, because it was a great aircraft to fly. Especially the cockpit.

I think it won't be updated, since this requires redevelopment of all the gauges.

And Ronnie has stopped FS design a long time ago.

Rob

Gary,

I'm very familiar with this Jupiter2-LIS model, assuming this is the one from Ronnie Pendergraft (the only one I know of). I even made a VTOL upgrade for it many years ago.

As far as I can remember, this originally is an FS-98 model, redone for FS2002/2004.

Maybe the external visual model still works in FSX (as the videos show), but all of the cockpit gauges don't work because they are (incompatible) FS98-formatted gauges.

So, as far as I know, they is no model that works fully in FSX; which is unfortunate, because it was a great aircraft to fly. Especially the cockpit.

I think it won't be updated, since this requires redevelopment of all the gauges.

And Ronnie has stopped FS design a long time ago.

Rob

UPDATE: please ignore my comment above on the gauges. Has been solved long time ago.

First, there is no FSX version as I know of.

But:

Please read this thread too:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?295068-pendercrafts-com-jupiter-2-goddard-zip

What you see in the video

is the first WIP version, available here in the library as file Jupiter2.zip. just do a file search.

Also download the update J2UPDTS1.zip, and use the aircraft.cfg and .air file from the FS2004 section in this update file.

This combo flies Ok in FSX, however the VirtualCockpit is disfunctional (no gauges) and has only rough texturing.

The final version of this Jupiter2-LIS (see reference to file goddard.zip in the other thread) is also a FS9 addon, has numerous extra features and visual effects, and a fantastic VC; it also contains my VTOL addon, and, with one VTOL file replaced, works perfectly in FSX.

With one exception, however: the windows in the VC are not transparant, but black; so you don;t have an outside view.

This happens with some other FS2004 addon too, and has to do with the visual model coding and/or textures (incompatibility with FSX).

I know that can be solved, I just don't know how myself.

I will ask around with some other flightsim designers how …

Rob

Thank you so much everybody for your reply to my query about the Jupiter 2.

Your feedback was very interesting and helpful. I have a copy of FS2004 and FSX so I will have a try with both sims but I found your info encouraging. Many thanks guys

Regards Gary.

Hi,

I'm trying to get in contact with Rich Taylor regarding an update of the FS9-Jupiter2 package (goddard.zip) for FSX.

Rich was a member of the team (a.o. with Ronnie Pendergraft as designer) that created this great package. I know that Ronnie quit the hobby, but I'm not sure about Rich.

I have Emailed with Rich many times (years ago), but the Email address I have is no longer valid.

If anyone reading this knows how to get in contact with Rich, please send me a PM.

Regards,

Rob Barendregt

• 3 months later...

Archived