Can Rex sky force will work with Active Sky 2016?

shlomiA

Disagree - Sky Force weather engine is far behind ASP4, it will still take a while to catch up. You can use Sky Force for clouds but the consensus among the community is well in favor of Active Sky for the weather engine.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Disagree - Sky Force weather engine is far behind ASP4, it will still take a while to catch up. You can use Sky Force for clouds but the consensus among the community is well in favor of Active Sky for the weather engine.

Vic

I find REX to be far less cpu-intensive and it has the advantage of being able to call a texture change from within the sim.

If one already has ASP4 then why would one be even considering Sky Force?

For the aame reasons, Sky Force is already an entirely acceptable weather engine providing one doesn't wish to apply historic settings - and further enhancements will soon take REX past ASP4.

Glad you believe all the hype, I deal in realism.

As to why buy SF if you have ASP4 - for the clouds - some think they are very good. Sadly the comments have not been the same with the weather engine. As to "further enhancements" - considering it took almost 3 years for SF to make it after the initial groundbreaking announcement, I wouldn't put any money on it.

Someday they may get to the quality of ASP4 but that is assuming Active Sky does no more developing and stays stagnant - but sorry, they are not there yet, not by a long shot.

However their clouds etc are extremely popular.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived