FSX HS748 sound

benibaz

Hello All,I have just purchased Just Flight HS748 for FSX,and find that the sound of the turboprops are nothing like what they should be,I did have in my aircraft folder Rick Piper's HS748(before I replaced it with this one)which were accurate in sound.Has anyone a patch to correct this error in the Just Flight HS748?thanks.benibaz.

Windows 10 Pro

MSFS2020

FSX Acceleration

Intel i7-3770 @3.4GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650

16GB RAM

EVO SSD 500GB

Seagate HDD 2TB

Vatsim 1303381 P1(PPL)

Hello All,I have just purchased Just Flight HS748 for FSX,and find that the sound of the turboprops are nothing like what they should be,I did have in my aircraft folder Rick Piper's HS748(before I replaced it with this one)which were accurate in sound.Has anyone a patch to correct this error in the Just Flight HS748?thanks.benibaz.

I find them very accurate with the exception of the startup/shutdown sound, which seems built around the notion of a free turbine, which the Dart isn't.

Can you be more specific about what you find inaccurate? You are aware the Dart doesn't sound like a PT6? I haven't had the sound from Rick Piper installed since I deleted FSX, but the whistle and background roar of the Dart at high power is exactly as I recall the Dart in its 748 incarnation.

What are your sound settings and card?

I find them very accurate with the exception of the startup/shutdown sound, which seems built around the notion of a free turbine, which the Dart isn't.

Can you be more specific about what you find inaccurate? You are aware the Dart doesn't sound like a PT6? I haven't had the sound from Rick Piper installed since I deleted FSX, but the whistle and background roar of the Dart at high power is exactly as I recall the Dart in its 748 incarnation.

What are your sound settings and card?

Hello mallcott,the whistle and background roar is what's missing,the engine sound in the settings is set to 50%,the card is fine because I re-installed Rick Pipers 748 and the sounds are perfect,just like the real Dart,I know this because I used to help build the aircraft at Woodford,Cheshire.benibaz.

Windows 10 Pro

MSFS2020

FSX Acceleration

Intel i7-3770 @3.4GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650

16GB RAM

EVO SSD 500GB

Seagate HDD 2TB

Vatsim 1303381 P1(PPL)

Hello mallcott,the whistle and background roar is what's missing,the engine sound in the settings is set to 50%,the card is fine because I re-installed Rick Pipers 748 and the sounds are perfect,just like the real Dart,I know this because I used to help build the aircraft at Woodford,Cheshire.benibaz.

Then is the balance on the card optimised? Increase the engine sound slider until you find a happy setting.

Archived