Runway view problem

alealp

There is probably a better way, but the 2 methods I use would be 1) use the minus (-) key which might help a little and/or 2) Grab the panel with the cursor pointer just below the Frequency Fail Reset lights and drag the panel down to where you can see the runway.

Oh, and try to hit the "W" key once. I was on the Beech King Air screen one day, same situation as yours, hit the W key and down the panel went. Might work for your aircraft?

I'm sure someone will come along and tell you how to raise the seat to be able to see the runway. I like that better, but I do not know how to do that! My method works for me, and it might help you until you get the proper answer!

Good luck, hope this helps! Rick :cool:

Hello alealp,

It may not be possible to achieve a better view with the standard height 2D panel, 3D cockpits offer more flexibility where view and seating positions are concerned. Sometimes the 2D panel developer will offer a wide screen variant that stretches the panel horizontally for widescreen monitors, making it shorter vertically offering a better forward view of runway taxiway and scenery.

As Rick (Downwind66) has mentioned above, there are other ways to get a better view out the front, two great methods that do work he has already mentioned, but there is a Third option and even a fourth.

Its called "2-D panel transparency". You can set this in FSX>Settings/Display>Aircraft tab> 2-D Panel Transparency % slider, give it a try see how much panel transparency to forward view scenery looks acceptable between both. The higher the slider % right, the more transparent the panel and viewable terrain the more left and 0% the panel will be solid.

There is a Fourth option its (quick and dirty) press your "Spacebar" and move your "mouse" backward, your view will advance downward showing more of the runway while maintaining the 2D instrument panel in its current config - Horiziontal/Vertical size, when you are comfortable with the view release the spacebar and the view will be fixed at that angle much like "Mouse View" panning toggle using Shift+O, where the crosshair remains onscreen and you move the mouse around your view angles and can use scrollwheel to zoom view distance. Tap or hold "Spacebar" to reset Center /move mouse if panning view back to center or adjusting angle in 2D.

Unfortinately seat height adjustment only works in 3D cockpits, normally ("Shift+Enter" for Up, "Shift+Backspace" for Down, and, "Ctrl+Shift+Enter" for Right, "Ctrl+Shift+Backspace" for Left), and tap "Spacebar" for Centred reset.

Click pic for bigger image of FSX 2-D panel Transparancy using Default Douglas DC3 a taildragger notorious for bad forward views.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204078[/ATTACH]

Cheers Jethro

In FSX:

Ctrl + Q and Ctrl-Shift + Q.

Cheers,

Mabe- Thanks so much, it worked! Now I can start flying the aircraft I gave up on long ago, because I couldn't see down the runway without hitting the "W" key. I hope the OP reads this, as it's the best tip I've seen in a long time!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Archived